Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bored/board of my 6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
porbmw
Is the rear circuit board of a 6 the same as a 4?

I'm guessing not....

Am trying to get the 6 done...PO had done a cheap respray in different colour (color to you across the Border)...crappy paint all over the rear panel.

Am I stuck with trying to restore this mess...

Thanks
carr914
The Boards are Different.

toolguy
As you'd expect, they are NOT the same. . . and you'll have a hard time finding a good one at a reasonable price. . unless someone here has one to spare. . . they can be restored if you do find one
porbmw
Of COURSE they are.....

Thanks

Will see how we do with this.

Anybody have any tricks re getting paint off of plastic.

I have tried a product or two on things I didn't mind destroying....they are destroyed.
Mark Henry
What engine and intake are you planing on using? Is it a real /6 or a conversion?

I'd only worry about a /6 board if it's a real /6.

If it's a conversion some guys run a /4 board and just don't use what is not needed.
Others build a new harness that that plugs into the stock plug and they eliminate the board altogether.
Eric_Shea

Soda blast it. Send it here if you want.
porbmw
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Dec 19 2013, 01:33 PM) *

Soda blast!
That is a thought!
I'll see if anyone up here has/does that stuff, or how tough it would be to get a decent little setup going on my own.
If it works on plastic, would be the ticket on a few items!
Will proceed from here, thanks for the info, and the offer!

(It is a real 6.......has Eric's restored/GT brakes...am a luddite, but Jake has taken some pics as he does the re-assembly, am expecting they will get posted in due course. The underneath is getting too pretty....will be a bit of a hurdle to persuade the right foot to get it mobile and full of dirt and grime (well, not THAT much of a hurdle...)
QUOTE(porbmw @ Dec 19 2013, 02:07 PM) *

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Dec 19 2013, 01:33 PM) *

Soda blast!
That is a thought!
I'll see if anyone up here has/does that stuff, or how tough it would be to get a decent little setup going on my own.
If it works on plastic, would be the ticket on a few items!
Will proceed from here, thanks for the info, and the offer!

(It is a real 6.......has Eric's restored/GT brakes...am a luddite, but Jake has taken some pics as he does the re-assembly, am expecting they will get posted in due course. The underneath is getting too pretty....will be a bit of a hurdle to persuade the right foot to get it mobile and full of dirt and grime (well, not THAT much of a hurdle...)

Full of dirt and grime..yes just don't drive it during the days she it rains....oh that 89% of the time here in Van BC biggrin.gif ....currently in W/B for some runs cheer.gif
porbmw
biggrin.gif ....currently in W/B for some runs cheer.gif

Geez

Last time I looked, you were up here at the end of summer for a marathon...
Now here at W/B to ski.
I obviously am doing something wrong...
Enjoy beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.