Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Graphics for the six?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nynone4
I recently got my car back from having it painted, and since work has been slow today - I've been messing with graphics for the car in Photoshop. I like the clean look without graphics, but I've always been a fan of racing stripes and big number circles... Anyone else have the same on their car?

Here is the car as it sits now:
nynone4
..with stripes and numbers.
nynone4
...with stripes and numbers and cup wheels.
nynone4
...with red stripes and matching wheels...
tod914
Your car looks fantastic. I kind of like the area between the tails lights painted black like on the 916. The bumper caps painted 2 tone (black and white) like on the GT are sharp too. But your car looks so nice... Id leave it alone IPB Image
nynone4
Thanks for the compliment. I'm real brave applyiing all kinds of stripes and wheels and stuff to the car digitally - but I don't think I could muster up the courage to go it for real! It will probably just stay silver in the end...
newdeal2
I like the cup wheels version and the one before it. Nice looking car IPB Image
machina
nice car and nice photoshop'n

I would leave the fuchs.

Did you fit 8's on the back??? Are the rear fenders flared?
brant
I especially like that the side circle dips down below the door and onto the rocker...

thats how we are doing ours too..

NICE CAR
NICE PAINT

brant
boxsterfan
Polish the Fuch's spokes. I think that look looks great with a silver car.
F4i
Looks really good. you have some real skills with photosop! If it were me I would go with a grey about two shades darker than the silver. Just like the ford GT concept.
airsix
Let's see red graphics with polished Fuchs or split-spoke Boxster rims.

GREAT LOOKING CAR! (& nice PS skilz)

-Ben M.
nebreitling
the red cup wheels and numbers look AWESOME! IPB Image
vortrex
I think modern porsche 17" wheels on a 914 looks awful. if you wanted to do stripes though, the black ones look pretty good.
Ferg
I like it! If your looking for more ideas...

I would try rotating both number gumballs about 15-20 degrees, and make the hood stripes offset to the drivers side, leaving the hood gumball in place, so that the outer stripe is not broken up by the gumball.

I would also maybe move the side gumball back so that it is broken up by the door opening and handle as well.

Ferg.
Mueller
red stripes with the red rims IPB Image IPB Image
GTeener
QUOTE (nebreitling @ Dec 30 2004, 11:01 AM)
the red cup wheels and numbers look AWESOME! IPB Image

IPB Image IPB Image
Eric_Shea
But your car looks so nice... Id leave it alone

I'd second that... Silver on silver looks Awesome! Maybe paint the Fuchs silver to match IPB Image (me likes Fuchs over Cup Wheels on a teener)
nynone4
Thanks for all the kind comments and ideas, guys! I'm an illustrator by trade, and spend a lot of time "playing" with Photoshop. It's tough to trust that ANY picture hasn't been altered in some way with what tools like Photoshop allow.

synthesisdv:

Yes - they are 8's in back with 225/45's (7's in front with 205/50's), and the rear quarters are flared slightly to squeeze them in. I wanted a car that looked pretty stock bodywise - but something I fit some more rubber under.

I'll keep messing with the pic, and post more as I get them done.
tdgray
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Dec 30 2004, 11:43 AM)

I'd second that... Silver on silver looks Awesome! Maybe paint the Fuchs silver to match IPB Image (me likes Fuchs over Cup Wheels on a teener)

IPB Image No touchy
jtf914
IPB Image That is beautiful!!!! I wouldn't change a thing....
GTeener
Is this going to be a racer? Streeter? Recreational racer but mostly street?

Bad idea to put racing stripes and numbers on a mostly street driven car. All silver is racy looking enough IPB Image

If it's a racer though, go with the red IPB Image
nynone4
It's going to be an autocross / DE car with some weekend and warm weather daily driver duties. If I ever end up putting stripes and number circles on the car, they would be removeable for street driving.

Hmmm... I wonder how fast it will have to go to peel off magnetic stripes? Heheh. IPB Image
Rusty
Horrible, horrible looking car. IPB Image

Let me give you a few bucks and buy you out of that project. You'll never really be happy with that car. IPB Image

-Lawrence

p.s. Nice car. IPB Image
GTeener
QUOTE (nynone4 @ Dec 30 2004, 01:36 PM)
It's going to be an autocross / DE car with some weekend and warm weather daily driver duties. If I ever end up putting stripes and number circles on the car, they would be removeable for street driving.

Hmmm... I wonder how fast it will have to go to peel off magnetic stripes? Heheh. IPB Image

magnetic would probably be OK for AX but I couldn't keep a reuseable vinyl number on one side of my car at a HSDE event, even with the blue tape IPB Image
d7n7master
Beautiful car. Don't change anything. I like the "stealth" all silver concept! It looks like you painted the bumpers and the rubber bumper caps as well. If so, What prep/paint???

Could you photoshop a 3.2 f.i. six??? IPB Image
nynone4
Bumpers and valances both front and rear are fiberglass to save a little weight. Paint is laquer arctic silver and clear.
machina
QUOTE (GTeener @ Dec 30 2004, 05:21 PM)
magnetic would probably be OK for AX but I couldn't keep a reuseable vinyl number on one side of my car at a HSDE event, even with the blue tape IPB Image

I had no problem with my magnetic numbers. Even on the back straight at Sebring doing maybe 135 or 140.

Think the shape had alot to do with it. Low frontal area and big surface. Also, make sure there is no ripple or defect at the front edge or the thing will lift.
jim912928
Beautiful car...leave it all silver! I'd like to see the Fuchs polished rim with silver insets!

Hopefully we'll see you at the Midwest Classic and the Fall Foilage with that baby...I would love to see another all arctic silver teener (mine is all arctic silver also with 16" boxster rims).
Gint
Gorgeous 914! IIWY, I would simply change the center caps and lug nuts to black. Install the interior and hit the road.

Later maybe paint the Fuch centers silver.

But other than that, it's a beauty! I like the monochrome, especially in silver.
Ray Warren
QUOTE (tdgray @ Dec 30 2004, 03:21 PM)
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Dec 30 2004, 11:43 AM)

IPB Image No touchy

IPB Image
Very nice the way it is.
Silver is faster.
markb
IPB Image IPB Image

Nicely done as is. Get it on the road & enjoy it!! IPB Image
DJsRepS
Its really cool how you changed your rims and grafix with the program. The red setup looked the best. Unless the car is set up for the track I would not like those grafix. Sure wish my car looked that pretty. Way better than a Nice CAR. And the wore Nice D/N do your car justice.
Lou W
I think you need to leave it alone, and build a couple more one with black stripes, and one with red stripes, etc. IPB Image
Jeroen
The car looks very sweet as is!
Gonna be hard to choose...

If you do the stripes/nrs, dark grey metalic (instead of black) should still give it a classy look

Hard to choose between the Fuchs and the 17" Cup 1 wheels
The Fuchs give a more classic look. The Cup's a nice updated modern look without being too wild or tacky
(paint 'm dark grey metalic as well!)

If you get tired of vinyl stickers (or don't like em after all) you can easily remove them without hurting the paint
Magnetic stuff will always scratch...

I don't care much for the red, but orange or bright viper-green would be cool (but wild)

cheers,

Jeroen
DuckRyder
It looks realy good like it is.

If you need numbers, black circles sans stripes would look good.
physician
leave it as it is now! it look awesome!
if you want another look, i'll opt for charcoal cup wheel as in your pics. would match the sleeper look of sylver
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.