Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F.I. Pressure Sensor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Russ K
Does the FI Pressure Sensor typically have an oil-filled cavity?
I happened to be transporting mine in the back of another car ...and by the time i reached my destination there was a decent-sized pool of oil (-like substance?) on the floor of my trunk.

Knowing how much oil I cleaned out of the rest of the engine bay, i wouldnt be all that surprised to find i just in-advertantly cleaned it out. But if there is supposed to be oil in there, I assume I have a bad seal and need a new unit.
Bleyseng
There should be no oil in a MPS. Something is pretty wrong for that to happen. Probably it is hooked up with the PVC vacuum hose at the plenum. The MPS vacuum hose is hooked up the the vacuum port on top of the plenum. The side vacuum ports are for the PVC hose /decel valve with the rubber combo 90'. The other side port is for the larger decel valve hose.
Geoff
Russ K
Thanks..
I *think* it was hooked up propperly when i dropped the engine... but you got me wondering if the P.O. had some sort of accident with oil-bath air filter. That might explain it... somehow.

Nuthin' would surprise me at this point. I swear i've lightened the car a good 10 lbs ...5 of that in pine needles alone.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.