Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: price check
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
2.2 stuff. what are the values?
rhodyguy
there's lots more…LOTS!!! i just don't have pictures. e cams, case, too much…i'm just clueless.
wndsnd
Gazzillions.....!!!!!!!
rhodyguy
thanks john dry.gif . now i can afford a condo in kehei maui. biggrin.gif or buy a suby westy, ship it over, grown my hair out, stay in state parks, live off the 'fat of the land' and play with sharks and leopard seals .
puffinator
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Dec 20 2013, 12:11 PM) *

thanks john dry.gif . now i can afford a condo in kehei maui. biggrin.gif

How many piston/cylinders do you have? What is the piston part number so as to identify if T,E or S.
What do you mean by lots more?

rhodyguy
lets just say i don't have a set of carbs or heat exchangers. to my knowledge it's all 2.2.
billh1963
The engine in my red '72 is a '65 2.0 that has been upgraded to a 2.2. I have been offered $10K for the complete running engine.... mostly because of the engine serial number. Start breaking things down from there and you can get a feel for the value.
wndsnd
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Dec 20 2013, 12:11 PM) *

thanks john dry.gif . now i can afford a condo in kehei maui. biggrin.gif or buy a suby westy, ship it over, grown my hair out, stay in state parks, live off the 'fat of the land' and play with sharks and leopard seals .

Going back to Danica Partricks Bum...

Carry on....
6freak
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Dec 20 2013, 09:07 AM) *

Gazzillions.....!!!!!!!

its like two of those if your the guy pay`n lol-2.gif
Mark Henry
My guess is the piston and cylinders are T, S would have biral cylinders and more dome.

I take it the P&C kit are new with rings?
How about the heads? rebuilt? new valves?

Then the rest? condition? crank std/std? any new parts like the bearing? etc?

Looking to part it or sell as a package? (Not Danica's package....smartass poke.gif )

A lot of variables confused24.gif
euro911
I parted out a 2.2 long block for about $3,800 ... 30 years ago

I kept the heat exchangers cuz they were better than my originals

Guess I should have kept it around for a while headbang.gif
ThePaintedMan
Is the price for the case influenced by having case-savers already installed? I know a lot of people are skeptical about those magnesium cases.
rhodyguy
box #
NORD

Kevin; take these parts to the Bird Board. Lots of trading and selling 2.0 & 2.2 & 2.4 parts going on over there. There is a chart to identify the block as to year of production. Good Luck! Why not put it in a 914? santa_smiley.gif
rhodyguy
2 reasons…taxes. both federal and property.
brant
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Dec 20 2013, 10:26 AM) *

The engine in my red '72 is a '65 2.0 that has been upgraded to a 2.2. I have been offered $10K for the complete running engine.... mostly because of the engine serial number. Start breaking things down from there and you can get a feel for the value.

that price is really driven by the aluminum block
especially if its an S serial number

the 2.2 motors only came with magnesium blocks and the price difference between the 2 styles is significant.

aluminum small spigot blocks were only in 1965 through the very early part of 1968

similar to how a 1967S stock 2L 911 value has risen, so have the aluminum blocks.
gandalf_025
If the P/C set is NOS. Look up the price on Pelican new part pages
and post it at least 20% or so under that and see what you get for replies.

The rest of the parts can vary all over the place depending on finding
someone that NEEDS them.

If it is an original 2.2 case, it certainly isn't aluminum.. So it has a limited
audience unless someone needs it to put back into it's original car.

Search the pelican classifieds for 2.2 and see if there is anything that is close.
Might give you an idea ?
Luke M
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Dec 20 2013, 02:07 PM) *

box #

2.2 and 2.4 engines have the same bore but different compression ratios.
I know some people and I have swapped out the 2.4 pistons for the 2.2 pistons to give yourself a few more hp. I looked up the part # on the box that you have. The closest thing that I found with the part # was used as a 2.4 T p/c set (non cis).
If you look inside the piston you will see some letters/numbers this will confirm what you have. Look at the list attached to see what you have. Your best bet would be to figure out what you have then list them on the Pelican site. I've had better luck selling 911 p/c's there.
carr914
QUOTE(brant @ Dec 20 2013, 04:35 PM) *

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Dec 20 2013, 10:26 AM) *

that price is really driven by the aluminum block
especially if its an S serial number

the 2.2 motors only came with magnesium blocks and the price difference between the 2 styles is significant.

aluminum small spigot blocks were only in 1965 through the very early part of 1968

similar to how a 1967S stock 2L 911 value has risen, so have the aluminum blocks.

agree.gif
euro911
QUOTE(Luke M @ Dec 21 2013, 07:28 AM) *
box #
I know some people and I have swapped out the 2.4 pistons for the 2.2 pistons to give yourself a few more hp. I looked up the part # on the box that you have. The closest thing that I found with the part # was used as a 2.4 T p/c set (non cis).
If you look inside the piston you will see some letters/numbers this will confirm what you have. Look at the list attached to see what you have. Your best bet would be to figure out what you have then list them on the Pelican site. I've had better luck selling 911 p/c's there.
The stroke is different - 66 for the 2.2 vs 70 for the 2.4.
Old Yella
They look like 1970-71 E to me, God, could I use them.
Do they have 5 or 6 in the triangle above the skirt.

Do they have 5 or 6 stamped in the triangle?

See attached web site for comparison of pistons/ No affiliation to this site.

http://www.bassant-parts.com/contents/en-uk/d4913_01.html
Old Yella
They are listed as

911 S 175 hp
€ 2'400.00 911 103 949 02

Bummer I couldn't use them

http://www.elevenparts.com/mahle.php
Old Yella
$3281.52 dollars
wndsnd
I was right !

piratenanner.gif
euro911
QUOTE(euro911 @ Dec 20 2013, 01:47 PM) *
I parted out a 2.2 long block for about $3,800 ... 30 years ago

I kept the heat exchangers cuz they were better than my originals

Guess I should have kept it around for a while headbang.gif
I shouldn't complain, I bought the engine for $150. and sold my old set old set of HEs for that much. Come to think of it, I think I still have some populated 2.2 heads in a box around here confused24.gif ... I'll have to look idea.gif
rudedude
Sure looks like a cast iron cylinder that was used on 84mm "T"s, E and S used biral cylinders(aluminum finned cast iron sleeves)
jcd914
QUOTE(Old Yella @ Dec 21 2013, 01:13 PM) *

They are listed as

911 S 175 hp
€ 2'400.00 911 103 949 02

Bummer I couldn't use them

http://www.elevenparts.com/mahle.php

Except the part number on the box is 911 103 942 02 not 911 103 949 02

The 942s looks like might be 72/73 2.4 p & Cs

Jim

Click to view attachment

Old Yella
SORRY, must put my glasses on.

But look at the piston top they don't look like T pistons the pocket appears to be too big. Or may be It just looks that way without GLASSES.
Old Yella
I should have looked on the box. With glasses.
Last digit is wrong, mahl number listed as follows

503 18 90 Mahle PISTON & CYLINDER

Porsche 911 1972, 1973 MAHLE - CR 7.5:1 - EXC. CIS
Porsche 911 1972, 1973 2.3L H6 911.51 MAHLE - CR 7.5:1 - EXC. CIS

Old Yella
I'm still not sure.

Look at the piston comparison c/o Tom1394racing on the pelican site.

pistons don't look like T to me, But then I'm half blind so who knows.
Luke M
QUOTE(euro911 @ Dec 21 2013, 12:28 PM) *

QUOTE(Luke M @ Dec 21 2013, 07:28 AM) *
box #

The stroke is different - 66 for the 2.2 vs 70 for the 2.4.

Yup, I knew that the stoke was different (66 vs 70.4) that's why I said that the bore is the same between 2.2 &2.4 other then compression ratio. Put the 2.2 pistons in a 2.4 engine and you get a few more hp. Good upgrade for someone that's rebuilding a 2.4 and wants a little more out of it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.