Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It's out of the garage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
After some intense grinding on the front calipers, I pulled the car out of the garage for some last minute adjustments and double check what I can, I am getting ready to take her for her first drive around the block. Here she sits int he driveway outside the garage. I will do a little cleanup in the garage before putting her back in. And of course, I will take a video of it driving. I know you have all heard this before. Thank you goes out to Slits for the rear non leaking caliper. It came today first thing this morning. I need to adjust one of the front torsion bars also as it is leaning a little to the passenger side. Wish me luck, I am hoping nothing breaks.
VegasRacer
Go Scott Go. IPB Image IPB Image
Mueller
that looks like SUN.....what no storms down there right now???

good luck on your maiden voyage...don't go further than you can walk IPB Image
aircooledboy
I'm doing the wave for ya right now, right here in the office. 'Course it looks a little silly when its just me, but what the hell. IPB Image

GIVE ME AN "S". . . . , GIVE ME A "C". . . . . IPB Image

Oh, and Mike's probably right on that walking thing. IPB Image
Allan
NICE!!! Let us know how it goes. IPB Image
skline
OK, I need to know if anyone off the top of thier head knows which way to turn the adjustment bolts on the torsion bar to get this to go up on the passenger side. As you can see in the picture, it leans a lot to the passenger side. Its too low and needs to come up. I have tried both directions and nothing seems to help. Which way do I turn it to get it to go up?
Aaron Cox
INDEX the tbar DOWN a spline or 2 IPB Image

first time ive seen it out of the garage! wheres brittney to celebrate? IPB Image
Howard
OH MY GOD! IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
BIGKAT_83
Its been 3 hrs. How was it IPB Image IPB Image
jim912928
Scott,

Cranking the adjustment bolt clockwise will raise the car. Take the weight off of the front end when you adjust it as I've heard others have stripped the threads due to all the weight still being on it. Also, after adjusting lower the car and then make sure it settles (drive it, bounce it etc.) before you adjust it some more.
spare time toys
Looking at the second picture I can tell it aint going nowhere..... Its still on jack stands in the ass end. IPB Image
Aaron Cox
We need an update! hopefully the car didnt fall on him or something IPB Image

scott - are you there?

this is major tom to scotts chalon
were coming out of shade.....
and my car tilits in the most peculiar way,
is it going to drive...todaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy

this is major tom to scotts chalon IPB Image
the gender bender himself would be proud (bowie) IPB Image IPB Image
BIGKAT_83
Somethings wrong call 911 no posts in almost 4 hrs.

IPB Image IPB Image
Aaron Cox
serious.... maybe brittney stopped by IPB Image

hope he be okay IPB Image
spare time toys
Must have got it going and went for a spin past Britneys place to show it off. IPB Image
BIGKAT_83
Went to the store to buy some smokes???? IPB Image
microsa
Possible broken torsion bar?

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of
arriving safely in an attractive, well-preserved body; rather you
should skid in sideways, double cheeseburger in one hand, martini in the other,
body thoroughly trashed, totally worn out, screaming, "Hoo-yah, what a
ride!
Howard
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Dec 30 2004, 05:02 PM)

That wouldn't take him 4 hours IPB Image

Where is the boy wonder???
skline
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Dec 30 2004, 05:02 PM)

Funny you mention that. She is here now and took the video of the car moving on its own. As soon as I figure out how to post it, I will. I did drive the car today. Still needs lots of work though. Gotta pump the brakes to stop, and it still wont go in reverse. So I am going to make a new shift linkage.
Gint
Yay! Scott!!!!!
aircooledboy
QUOTE (skline @ Dec 30 2004, 07:38 PM)
[Funny you mention that. She is here now and took the video of the car moving on its own. As soon as I figure out how to post it, I will. I did drive the car today. Still needs lots of work though. Gotta pump the brakes to stop, and it still wont go in reverse. So I am going to make a new shift linkage.

IPB Image IPB Image THE CROWD GOES WILD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IPB Image IPB Image

Drunken college girls taking their shirts off and swinging them over their heads, screaming WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! IPB Image
skline
QUOTE (aircooledboy @ Dec 30 2004, 06:35 PM)
QUOTE (skline @ Dec 30 2004, 07:38 PM)
[Funny you mention that. She is here now and took the video of the car moving on its own. As soon as I figure out how to post it, I will. I did drive the car today. Still needs lots of work though. Gotta pump the brakes to stop, and it still wont go in reverse. So I am going to make a new shift linkage.

IPB Image IPB Image THE CROWD GOES WILD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IPB Image IPB Image

Drunken college girls taking their shirts off and swinging them over their heads, screaming WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! IPB Image

OK, I need pictures of that please.
Aaron Cox
DOOOOD>>>>> wheres the video????

comeon IPB Image IPB Image
Duffster
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
skline
I cant host it. I got it here on my computer. Anyone want to host it? I have a few questions I need to post in the forum. I seem to have a rear alignment problem.
Brando
Scott, how big is the file (MB)? I may be able to help you with yer video.
skline
It's 14 meg. Most email accounts will only accept up to 10 meg.
Brando
pm me or catch me on aim. s/n: demnogis
skline
I dont use AIM anymore, and since I stopped , I dont get spam anymore. AOL sucks and sells your email address. That is why I had to change my email. I will send you a PM and we will figure something out.
Brando
What's taking so long to upload?

Are you on 56gay or something? IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
skline
No, I am still on dialup using my favorite 2400 baud modem. I paid so much for this when I first got started I swore I would never get rid of it. I remember my dad working from home in the late 70's at Xerox using a 150 baud and a portable computer that took up the whole table. Those were the days.
Brando
2400 baud modem?

I predict this upload to be completed about 11pm tomorrow night, including reconnect/disconnect time.
skline
You do know I was kidding right? I am on a cable modem. 5mb down with about 384k up. So it doesnt go all that fast out of here but it comes down really fast. I still cant tell if it is doing anything, can you log in and check if something is coming down the pipe?
skline
Nevermind, I just had to log back on again and I have a status window now so I know it is going.
Brando
Go scott! It's yo' burfday!

That's some nice progress for 2400 baud! *see pic IPB Image
skline
Well, it says its done, I tried posting a link but it didnt work for me. The file name is chalonmoves.mpg. I will wait and see if you can make a link work.
skline
Ok, I figured it out, the thing must be on a UNIX box cause everything is case sensitive. Including the filename and extension. Jeesh, Here is the link and it should work.
Brando
http://abstract.ogsth.com/skline/Chalonmoves.MPG

RIGHT CLICK, SAVE TARGET AS. This file will NOT stream.

if you get this:
Hi

No leeching, kthx. fku fgt nub
...Then i fucked up.

BTW, scott... HURRAH!
skline
Thanks brando, I am off to bed, big job tomorrow and with any luck, I will get the car closer to done. I need to figure out whats going on in the back with that wheel, I will take pictures tomorrow in the daylight. I need to modify my shift linkage also. I figured out what was going on with it. Good night all, tomorrow is another day. The last day of the year.
Aaron Cox
cool movie.... IPB Image it moves! 20 feet.... IPB Image

way to go scott....decked out in 914 gear (shirt and hat IPB Image )
dan10101
Alright Scott!

You'll work the bugs out. It's a good milestone and an encouragment to have it under it's own power.

(Britney sounds um... different. IPB Image ..)
Mrs. K
QUOTE (dan10101 @ Dec 30 2004, 10:47 PM)

IPB Image Ya think????? Hehehehehe IPB Image

Lisa IPB Image
seanery
congrats Scott!

by the way, nice shirt IPB Image
spare time toys
QUOTE (dan10101 @ Dec 31 2004, 01:47 AM)

No... NO.... Im sure thats her voice. We are just used to the electronicly altered lip sync voice on the radio. Thats what she sounds like in the real non MTV world. GREAT to see it movin Scott IPB Image Next time a little faster and longer though (thought to self probably shouldnt have said that last part)
jim912928
Way to go Scott! It's a major milestone when it moves on it's own power!
rhodyguy
i'll check it in 57 minutes and 10 seconds.

kevin
Chris Julian
Scott,

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

CJ
Brando
IPB Image
Mrs. K
So I am dying to know....have you figured out the rest of the bugs and are you going to drive your Chalon on 1-1-05???? IPB Image

Good Luck!

Lisa IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.