Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Original carpet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Archie
Anybody know if/where the original brown carpet is available? You know, the dark brown with the occasional white strand in it.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Archie @ Dec 21 2013, 08:55 PM) *

Anybody know if/where the original brown carpet is available? You know, the dark brown with the occasional white strand in it.

www.914rubber.com

http://shop.914rubber.com/Carpet-kits-inte....m1plqscsfapp01
tommyj
QUOTE(Archie @ Dec 21 2013, 11:55 PM) *

Archie,I have been searching for this carpet also. I believe its not made anymore. . Emailed some fabricators and they said they could make a German loop and also a Square weave style beside the other usual materials. But here is the good news if you really want it Auto Atlanta has it. I didn't buy it there because it was way above what I could afford. $$$$.$$ Good Luck
CG-914
AA carpet does not match the original carpet. Shape and patterns are different.

Only carpet that is the closest is sold by pelican parts and only the German style carpet materials are worth something. All domestic you can spit through, so they won't last long. So still a lot of bugs but after 1 year if research on 914 carpets my advise save your $ and invest it on German carpet at pelican!
914werke
agree.gif Last I checked George has some NOS pieces. I considered them for my LE
but I would have had to mortgage the house wacko.gif screwy.gif
tod914
I purchased the last NOS driver's side floor mat in brown from George 2 years ago. I did the remainder with factory roll stock that George has. It's exact, because it's what the factory used.
Sourced my own welting to match the factory pieces and had an upholstery shop sew it on using the proper colored thread. Keep in mind, there were at least two different colors of thread that were used by the factory. I seen both white and a medium brown used on various pieces on a original car. Likely they used what ever they had on hand during the assembly process.
Be forewarned, the factory roll stock is expensive. You would likely need 3 yards of it to complete a full set. 2 yards, if you don't plan on replacing the bulk head piece. Unless your doing a full concours restoration, there are cheaper alternatives that are close enough. The brown German carpet samples I received from various sources are NOT a perfect match factory match. Can make for a nice carpet set, but it's going to be off.
Any photos of the Pelican set compared to factory? I'm curious how close it is.

Side note, if any of you guys can find a vendor to remanufacture the carpet, I have nos samples I'd be happy to send them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.