Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil Pressure Relief Valves
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Allan
My Haynes book shows 2 oil pressure relief piston & spring assemblies in the case. I have the one at the bottom right front side of the case but there is nothing at the top left front. Is this normal? Do some have both and others just the 1? IPB Image Or maybe I am just missing something?
Mark Henry
Bottom right front

and a small one left side rear
Allan
I took another look and at the bottom left. Right in front of the taco plate I have what looks like an oil galley plug about the size of a quarter. Nothing that can be removed without machining.
Allan
I have looked in every nook and cranny on both cases and cannot find anything resembling a removable object. I'll post pics from all views of the case tomorrow and maybe someone can point out where it should be.
Mark Henry
Bottom right front (opposite side from taco plate, right on the bottom) it's about a 1" big slot screw.

The small one is right between the #1 cyl pushrod tubes and has a M12 (I think) 12 point hex.
Allan
I found a hole between the #1 push rod tubes but it is about 1 1/2 inch deep and just ends. No threads, nothing. Looks like it was designed into the casting but never completed. Just a deep hole that goes nowhere.
Mark Henry
Ahhh...must be your '76 engine case...it doesn't have one ...don't worry about it.

Did you find the other one? it's the one that matters.
Allan
Yep, got the other one. It's the big one. I was thinking that I ended up with a bus engine or something. Thanks for clearing that up. So this is normal? IPB Image
Mark Henry
Yeppers on some of the late cases...a bus case is easy to spot...it has a big fuch'in hole above the taco plate.
A 914 case has the boss for this hole but it isn't machined.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.