Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: That was FUNNNN!!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Carlitos Way
After I spent most of the day getting my driver's seat installed, I decided to take her for a spin. Took the freeway to Topanga Canyon and decided to try Santa Susana pass to see what she can do.... WOW!!!!

IT was funny to see people pulling over in their brand new SUV's and trucks to let me go by... HEHEHEHEH

Taking corners pretty fast, no wheel screech, man oh man!!! what fun that was!!!! Even hairpins were SOOO FUUUUNNN!!!
Allan
That's what it's all about!!! Someday, maybe I can experience the feeling. IPB Image
Aaron Cox
wait till you got sway bars and sticky tires! IPB Image
Carlitos Way
I've actually got some nice sticky tires right now.. Kumhos, 195/50-15's.

I'm hoping to upgrade... but the more I think about it, the more I want to change over to 5 lug... so I'm gonna start saving for the conversion. I think Eric's solution looks really good... might be something I can handle myself. I guess I'll have to start figuring out what wheels to get then... but for now, this will do, to drive it for a few months.

C.

P.S. HOpefully C U Saturday
ws91420
How much adapting did you have to do? Let me be the first one. IPB Image
Carlitos Way
I knew someone was going to bust my chops for that... I'll take some pictures tomorrow.

For now, a description of what I did:

I opened up the holes on the original seat brackets. so they could accommodate the larger (8mm) bolts that came with the new seats. I mounted the outside bracket flush with the seat, to allow enough clearance for the parking brake.

Then I made a 3" x 16" plate, to allow for the wider new seats (about 2" wider). The inside bracket mounts onto the plate, and the plate bolts onto the seats.

I'm waiting to see how it works... but it seems good so far. Once I decide if I like it, I'll do the passenger seat. Or maybe I'll just do it tomorrow if I get bored.

Best thing about it... plenty of clearance for the e-brake.
914werke
Which Seat IPB Image
Carlitos Way
Hunsaker seats:

Hunsaker Reclineable seats
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.