Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Headed to the PNW
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dakotaewing
I've just recieved an assignment for work in Dupont, WA from 12-30 through as long as 7-1-2014. I'm looking for temporary furnished housing not far from the area for the duration of the assignment. If anyone knows of something available, please contact me via PM.

Thanks!
AfricanHijinx
I am too far north...have you checked out craigslist
mstein95
Olympia to the South, Tacoma to the North. Don't think there's much short term housing in Dupont.
messix
JBLM is right there so there has to be a bunch of residence inn type places.

Lakewood and lacy are very close also.
messix
http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/sub/
rhodyguy
there are a ton of apartments within a 10 mile radius. what is your budget for rent? i live about 10 miles from dupont. search puyallup , south tacoma, lacey, lakewood, olympia/tumwater. try apartmentfinder.com. and cragslist using those locals. furnished is going to be tough. buy a bed and rent some furniture? the further north you get beyond tacoma the rents climb and you'll be moving into some real traffic hassles for the commute. intel or DOD? if you see something online that sparks some interest contact me via pm and i should be able to give you the low down.

edit. if you could find a place in stillicum it would be IDEAL for you. about 10 minutes from dupont on fast secondary roads.

k
rhodyguy
i drove by the base yesterday. given your tight time situation, there is a newer comfort suites just up the road (1-2 miles). staying there for a bit might give you time to find the place you want.
dakotaewing
Thanks for the replies guys!

I'm in Dupont now and I start my Gig Thursday AM. Not working for the DOD
or Intel, although they are right down the street. After driving around yesterday,
I'm definitely staying south of the base, and even prefer Olympia. I'm free in the evenings if anyone is up for grabbing dinner,
and Sundays if the are any local events in the works. I'm trying to find something for about $750 a month, which would cut my hotel bill in half.
And while i'm seeing some things on craigslist, i'm also getting a lot of unanswered numbers.
If any of you want to give me a ring, my # is Two one 4, six eight 2 seven four 8 three.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.