Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rain = No Go Vroom vroom
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dlo914
as most of us know SoCal is currently being pounded by a slight storm, and where there's a storm there's rain. long story short i had the 914 covered before it started pouring, yesterday and today the skies cleared up a bit and decided to take her out for a spin. No such luck. Water managed to get into my Home Depot (HD) intake. Ive tried using starting fluid, and some crap the FLAPS recommended. Once i spray some of that crap into the intake she manages to fire up a bit, but not in a smooth manner; this is with my foot on the gas to keep her running once i let go she dies. Ive been told it would be an electrical problem. Other than that Thanks - Daniel

And yes im gonna make some mods to the HD intake so that this doesnt happen in the future. Unless someone has a spare paper intake for a 1.8 F.I. lying around and willing to donate or fork over for a small $$$ sum.
Howard
have you removed dizzy cap and sprayed a bit of wd40 in there? sounds like spark problem.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Howard @ Dec 30 2004, 05:38 PM)
have you removed dizzy cap and sprayed a bit of wd40 in there? sounds like spark problem.

thats exactly what i told him IPB Image
dlo914
MattR suggested that the points could have slightly rusted up from the moisture.
DJsRepS
I had simular thing in FLA hurricanes and all. My 72/1.7Djet motor had rubber boot on and oil bath off. The opening of the rubber boot was vertical and the hood gap funneled water onto and into the boot, throdle bodie, intake , and #3 cylinder. The plastic cap on the TPS had no drain hole (does now) and holds the water! Car runs great now! A pic of the boot and current filter.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.