Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front valance differences?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
sixaddict
While I know rear valance from 70-71 -4 to -6 differ. However can't see difference in fronts ....can anyone define with accuracy......I.e. Measurements
Thanks
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(sixaddict @ Dec 23 2013, 06:32 PM) *

While I know rear valance from 70-71 -4 to -6 differ. However can't see difference in fronts ....can anyone define with accuracy......I.e. Measurements
Thanks

First, the rear valences were the same for fours through the 72 model year, not 71. They were of the "snowplow" variety. Yes, the fours and sixes had different tailipe openings and position.
The front valences were identical, regardless of model. A six would fit a four with no modifications. The measurements are identical between model.
sixaddict
Thanks Pat
That was my opinion but I continually see posts for 914-6 front valances so was wondering if I was missing something.
TOT

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Dec 23 2013, 05:17 PM) *

Thanks

First, the rear valences were the same for fours through the 72 model year, not 71. They were of the "snowplow" variety. Yes, the fours and sixes had different tailipe openings and position.
The front valences were identical, regardless of model. A six would fit a four with no modifications. The measurements are identical between model.

mepstein
6 parts bring higher prices. smile.gif

QUOTE(sixaddict @ Dec 24 2013, 09:51 AM) *

Thanks Pat
That was my opinion but I continually see posts for 914-6 front valances so was wondering if I was missing something.
TOT

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Dec 23 2013, 05:17 PM) *

Thanks

McMark
The same aside from the M471 front valences. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.