Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Should I?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carr914
Pick it up just for the FI, grab other parts, then throw the Rest away?

http://orlando.craigslist.org/pts/4249076543.html
URY914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 25 2013, 05:19 AM) *

Pick it up just for the FI, grab other parts, then throw the Rest away?

http://orlando.craigslist.org/pts/4249076543.html

SURE! laugh.gif

Merry Christmas Buddy santa_smiley.gif
billh1963
Absolutely buy it. I've been looking at that ad for a couple of days.

The ad doesn't say anything about body condition...I wonder if it's that bad?
Chris H.
Well, have you owned that one yet? biggrin.gif

Go for it TC! Hope it just needs paint and you get yourself a nice Christmas gift to flip. At a minimum the 2.0 FI and stuff is worth more than $905.
EdwardBlume
A new battery and buff out the paint, she'll be back on the road. driving.gif
carr914
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Dec 25 2013, 08:08 AM) *

Well, have you owned that one yet? biggrin.gif

Go for it TC! Hope it just needs paint and you get yourself a nice Christmas gift to flip. At a minimum the 2.0 FI and stuff is worth more than $905.

Never owned a '76.

If I were to get it, I'd Part it out!

My Blue Car has Carbs & the FI would be nice to have in case I ever want to change. A 2.0 has value. A Spare Tranny for a Dr Evil Clinic would be nice. Any other good parts would be a Bonus & might pay for the whole thing!
rhodyguy
worth a look but prob not at $1k. but you never know what the story is until you get to it. could be a 'cherry' for an east coast car rust wise. or not.

k
hot_shoe914
Put a six in it! poke.gif
ThePaintedMan
I was looking at it too actually, but no more driveway resto's for me. However, I'll buy the doors off you if you get it.

DOUBT the hellhole is in good shape, but who knows? That would dictate whether to part it or not. The paint is the easy part.

Oh yeah, Merry Christmas!
mepstein
It would be easy to get $1K out of it if you have the time and patience to part out.
rhodyguy
might be able to turn a grand on parts. that's the break-even point and no compensation for strip time, finding the strip time, boxing stuff up parts to sell, boxing parts up and putting them in the garage for future sales, shipping quotes, and another trip to the shipper. having a hulk on your property trying to make a few more bucks? not so great…then, your garage/shed is full of stuff that you're constantly shuffling around.
boxstr
Throw away 914s? That's what I have heard about 356s and some 912s and early 911s.
"I remember when I cut up a 356 speedster, and took it to the scrap yard. Or, I got that Carrera motor out of that 356 coupe and traded it for a more reliable pushrod 356 motor."
Yes you will be able to join the " remember when thread"
Craig at CAMP
Chris H.
I like the fact that you can hear the engine run. That'd be the deciding factor on value for me. A good running 2.0 is worth some cash these days. Wish 1.8's were! headbang.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(boxstr @ Dec 25 2013, 07:53 AM) *

Throw away 914s? That's what I have heard about 356s and some 912s and early 911s.
"I remember when I cut up a 356 speedster, and took it to the scrap yard. Or, I got that Carrera motor out of that 356 coupe and traded it for a more reliable pushrod 356 motor."
Craig at CAMP

I'm now kicking myself for the 67-S I took to the scrapper about 15 years ago headbang.gif
rhodyguy
slap.gif
oldschool
QUOTE(scotty b @ Dec 25 2013, 08:14 AM) *

QUOTE(boxstr @ Dec 25 2013, 07:53 AM) *

Craig at CAMP

I'm now kicking myself for the 67-S I took to the scrapper about 15 years ago headbang.gif

Me 3..the 68 912 I sold to my brother...and he sold to my sis and her then boyfriend sold... headbang.gif.
dcheek
They only made 4000+ '76's, making it a relatively rare 4 cylinder 914. Most where loaded with every option which was the factory's way of using up all the parts. There are a ton of parts that would be worth saving.

Dave
carr914
QUOTE(boxstr @ Dec 25 2013, 10:53 AM) *

Craig at CAMP

I've done it Before! And nobody want's a '76, cuz you can't have them in CA! bootyshake.gif

Click to view attachment
carr914
Plus I Subcribe to Natural Selection! beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment
dcheek
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 25 2013, 01:30 PM) *

Craig at CAMP

I've done it Before! And nobody want's a '76, cuz you can't have them in CA! bootyshake.gif

Click to view attachment

That's what the cat is for.

Dave

dcheek
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 25 2013, 01:30 PM) *

Craig at CAMP

Click to view attachment

Nobody wanted the 914- 6's when new. Dealers had to "give" them away to unload them. Need I say more?

Dave
r_towle
Do it, be done with it by Monday.

Rich
ripper911

Craig at CAMP

He won't remember it in 20 years. IPB Image
krazykonrad
Talk 'em down to $700 and do it!

Konrad- My $0.02, admittedly not my $700
carr914
I think it's Sold before I could get to it!
carr914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 26 2013, 08:27 PM) *

I think it's Sold before I could get to it!

It Sold for $700 yesterday before I could get to it. My Phone was ringing off the Hook, cuz when other people called, he told them I bought & gave them my Number confused24.gif
rhodyguy
what do you do to make him hand out your phone? piss the owner off in some fashion?
carr914
He said he got my Number & the Number of the Buyer mixed up - I don't know why he would even give that out!
rhodyguy
enjoy your weekend! you might change the greeting to "if this is about the 914 call" then you add the sellers #.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.