Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brake lines
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike's2nd914
I need the brake line for the left rear caliper that goes from the factory rubber line (now stainless) to the caliper. I don't see it on PP's website. AA's site says they have it for $20.00 plus shipping and who knows if they even have it. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Mike
Lawrence
Hi Mike.

You can make your own. Go to your local auto parts store, get a replacement steel line and a cheap line bender tool.

You need the tool. Simply bending the tube in your hands will cause it to crease.

-Rusty
Mike's2nd914
Hey Rusty, thanks for the advice. How about the nuts? Will the tool flare the ends properly and are the nuts available? One nut is OK from the original line but the other is seriously fubared!
Brad Roberts
They come with the correct fittings and flare.. all you have to do is bend it.

I use a paint spray can (Krylon style) to get the proper bend for the rear lines (bend it around the can)

You dont have to worry about the flare and the fittings. Just buy the proper length.

B
Mike's2nd914
Thanks Brad & Rusty! beerchug.gif
MJHanna
You can go to AutoZone and borrow the bending tool and flair kit from them, they are both part of their tool loaning program. You pay for it, return it, and get ALL your money back. ohmy.gif
Mike's2nd914
Did the AutoZone thing. Worked great. Installed the new line with no problems.

Thanks,
Mike
Brad Roberts
Wait.. you mean.. something we told a "club member" actually worked ???LOL

clap56.gif

Good job Mike.

B
BenNC
What are the appropriate lengths, or can I get close enough by just running a tape measure along the old lines?

Thanks
Brad Roberts
Run a tape measure down the old lines. Or do like I do... and cut a piece of string and take it with you to the parts store.

B
seanery
Hey, that's my trick!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.