Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Searching for the original engine for my -6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Daiberl
I'm searching through the old receipts I got with the -6 and I was able to find 3 previous owners. I found the phone number of one of them and called, he remembers seeing the engine out of the car when he first try to buy it, didn't work out and when he bought it finally from another person around 1985 the car had the 2.2E with MFI in it. I have the name of the person who had the car and the #-matching case, he lives in Ipswich, MA. How can I find his phone number, searched all over the web and was not successful. Anyone here who lives near Ipswich and might be able to help???
wndsnd
I will try. Its about 15 minutes from me.
Daiberl
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Dec 26 2013, 04:35 PM) *

I will try. Its about 15 minutes from me.

Sending you a PM
Mr.242
If this works out. I will be shocked! drunk.gif
Daiberl
QUOTE(Mr.242 @ Dec 26 2013, 08:59 PM) *

If this works out. I will be shocked! drunk.gif

I would also be shocked but you never know beerchug.gif I have one name and now thanks to wndsnd a phone number so let's see.
rhodyguy
nice to know the pedigree. i bet someone has some cool stories about your car. you just got around to looking at the paper work that came with the car?
Daiberl
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Dec 26 2013, 09:51 PM) *

nice to know the pedigree. i bet someone has some cool stories about your car. you just got around to looking at the paper work that came with the car?

Looked at the paperwork before but never got around to call the name I found on one receipt. He gave me another name and now I have the name of the person who was the last known person with the original engine.
Chris H.
Good luck man. Hope you find it.
Gustl
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Dec 28 2013, 04:37 PM) *

Good luck man. Hope you find it.

agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif
r_towle
Did you call yet?
Rleog
Looks like he found some more info:

See new thread
Daiberl
Yes, I found some more information. I contacted two former owners and both were very helpful. One person bought the car from Chris Rider. Chris Rider at that time was one of the owners of "All Wheels" ins Beverly, MA, around 1981. They were dealing with Porsche, one of their businesses was the import of 930 from Europe. Chris built the -6 for his wife Jill Rider and installed the 2.2E, painted it black, .... The next person bought the car from Chris without the original engine. Chris and Jill lived in Ipswich until 3 years ago when they sold their property. I couldn't find any information about them since then, therefore I started a new thread where I look for Chris Rider.
I have to say it's fun tracking down the last owners of the car, speaking to them, and trying to find out more!
r_towle
Call on Monday,

Lenny Cummings
Autosport Engineering
Stow Massachusetts

Lenny has been around for over 40 years in the porsche world.
He may have clues
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.