Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear engine seal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
smveril
I am installing new engine bay seals. I got the seals from 914 rubber. We figured out how to install the side seals and the one near the firewall. But the one that is in the back of the engine bay can be installed with the short side up or down.

Which is the right way?
McMark
Pointing down, not up.
smveril
Thanks for the help. It' s in.
barefoot
QUOTE(smveril @ Dec 26 2013, 07:26 PM) *

I am installing new engine bay seals. I got the seals from 914 rubber. We figured out how to install the side seals and the one near the firewall. But the one that is in the back of the engine bay can be installed with the short side up or down.

Which is the right way?

slight hijack;
How do you install the side and forward seals as the tracks do not have an open end to start slipping the seals in. Only thing i could figure was to bend the channel ends down for an inch or so then i could cart feeding seals in. Am I missing something ???
zambezi
place the lower lip in the channel and use a small screw driver to push the upper lip into the channel. Start at one end and continue on until the whole thing is in place.
bandjoey
set of plastic trim tools about $8 at Harbor Freight make sthe install easy and doesn't puncture the rubber like a screwdriver. Patience is the golden rule when installing rubber. good luck beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.