Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tsumani Fund
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric_Shea
Andy, can you or someone else set up a PayPal link so the 914club can donate? We've done a fantastic job of donating in the past. I don't care if it's $1.00 or 1,000.00, let's come together and help. The money we collect "will" save a life (or many. many more).

I'm tired of the US bashing from our neighbors and alies (some of these "perfect" governments wouldn't have a flag to call their own if it wasn't for the US).

How about we drop the politics, get off our asses and save some lives? Let's make a "positive" difference in someone's life. I can't think of a better way to start the new year. There's roughly 3,000 people here. If everyone donated just $20.00 we could donate $60,000. That would go a long way toward feeding, clothing and saving the lifes of many people.
JerryP
Any way to make it easier for people to help is great but just as an FYI, the Red Cross has made it real easy to to donate online or over the phone.

http://www.RedCross.org
Eric_Shea
Just log onto Google and you will have your choice of fine organizations right on their front page.

But Jerry, that's not the point. We could have told Dave the same thing, there's plenty of ways to donate to ALS. As a group we came together and helped make a difference in his life. It made him feel great and it made the members who contributed feel great.

Thread Here

I sold parts and instead of payment I told people to donate. I bought parts and was told to donate. I donated. I could see that I helped make a difference. Again, if everyone here gave only $20.00, we could actually save someone's life rather than continuing the rants about how bad the US is...

Here's an idea:

*Carlos is sending me a pair of rear brake calipers.
*Greg T. ask George and/or Dave D. ask Tom if they'll donate 2 rear caliper rebuild kits.
*I'll tear them down, cad plate them and rebuild them to new.
*Highest bidder gets them and the proceeds get donated to a fund.

How many of you guys could scrape up a part to put in the classifed section with the proceeds going to a Tsunami fund that would actually save a life? How many of you can come up with similar ideas?

My point is "ACTION". Instead of bitching about GW, we need to get off our hind quarters and DO SOMETHING. Make a difference and be proud of your club. I'd love to see what we could do. IPB Image
JerryP
I think I understand Eric...and I'm with you on your point. It's great what was done for Dave. I was just trying to help as this is not about a single porsche club member but disaster relief for a million affected people. It takes time to donate, rebuild and sell brake calipers. Since people will be dying of starvation and disease within hours and days, we can and should also use those people who are experts in this area and know best how to save the lives that hang in the balance today.

I know these people will need help for years to come so I'm with you but there's no reason we can't do both.
Eric_Shea
I would be proud to see what we could do as a club. IPB Image IPB Image

(doesn't seem like this thread is getting that much interest though... all I can hope is that people are donating in other ways.)
nebreitling
to me, this is a personal sort of thing (contributions, etc) -- though i'm certainly not 'against' any collective contributions.
mack914
If you want to donate money, donate money, we don't need a big slap on the back as a club for donating.
seanery
I'd be willing to find some parts to donate to the cause...I've got an extra Engman pedal board.
tracks914
I like what Eric is trying to do here. Sometimes it just takes a little nudge and insentive to get some people in motion.
I've already given to the Red Cross but would gladly give again here to help make a point and help drum up more funds for the cause.
restore2seater
We donated as a family to the Red Cross at our house. If we have something set up here I would gladly donate as a Club Member also. How it gets to the people who need it, or how much is given, isn't important. What's important is that it is given. IPB Image
Eric_Shea
we don't need a big slap on the back as a club for donating

We didn't need a slap on the back to donate for Dave either. It was a fun, and a great thing to do. Did I give you the impression we needed a slap on the back? I've already donated Mack... I thought this would be the right thing to do. IPB Image

If you don't want to donate through the club don't... IPB Image
boxstr
CAMP 914 will donate $5.00 from every sale to the Red Cross Tsunami aid fund. Just doing our part.
Craig C. Laughlin CAMP 914
Rhodes71/914
I have a few parts that I would sell and donate the proceeds, if something get organized I'll do it through there if not I will just post an ad in the classifieds. Thanks for the great idea Eric.
John Kelly
Great idea Eric, I'll chip in if you can set it up, or I'll go through another orginization. Better than being completely disconnected in the face of all that misery.

John www.ghiaspecialties.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.