Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Originally Came with a 914?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ehokana
I was going through some parts tonight and found a couple of things that got me thinking. Does anyone know what exactly was included with a 914 when it was bought new from the showroom? I mean, things like the tool kit, jack, ect.

I found a padded cover that, I assume, was used to protect the trunk lid, and a padded "bra" (I know- let's get the jokes out of the way now) that looks like it was meant to protect the nose of the car during servicing. I have never seen anything like these before and didn't have any when I owned my last 914.

Would these have been bought as an aftermarket addition or were these included items when the car was bought new? I'll post pics of these later since I'm sure that will help
etcmss
mine had a tool kit and jack, don't remember anything else. The bra was an extra accessory you paid for.
JawjaPorsche
Touch up paint. No radio, it was a dealer option.

No one would joke about the padded bra, only mature people on this forum. biggrin.gif
walterolin
Foot rest, passenger side. Still have mine. Worthless.
KELTY360
I got a payment book with 36 coupons. biggrin.gif
wndsnd
Sounds like you might have one of the coveted rear work covers made by one of our members mothers. Quilted and made to protect the rear while you are bending over the engine bay! Good Find!

ehokana
Here's what I was talking about- there's the pad for the trunk lid, the bra and a bag for the bra. The script looks, to me, to be 70's or early 80's

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
zambezi
That's an aftermarket bra (possibly Colgan). What year is the car in question. Different years would have different possible items, such as the a fore mentioned foot rest was only for the early years.
toolguy
Bra is for a 74. . notice the bumper tit holes. .
ehokana
The car is a '73 2.0.

After doing some searching online, it does seem that the bra is likely a Colgan- it just seemed odd that the headlight covers on the bra don't actually come off and, instead, fold forward. I guess that's what made me think it was for protecting the finish during servicing.

Thanks for the info guys!
billh1963
Rust was included with all of them lol-2.gif
rhodyguy
'mossy' is a 72'. has sail panel vinyl, oem foglights, and form-vee mags.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.