Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fog Light Protection
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mharmon
Hey guys,

Anyone have a good idea on how to protect your fog lights? I've got some nice amber lenses on my car and am not looking forward to inevitable time when a rock takes one of them out.

I've seen a car with clear plexi in place of the fog light grill, but I can't imagine that the plexi lasts more than a few months without being pretty scratched up.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks for looking.

Mike
Rleog
Clear urethane protective film offers some protection and is transparent. Other than opaque plastic covers, this would be the way to go.

Amazon has it:

http://www.amazon.com/Headlight-Overlay-Hi...ective+urethane

ripper911
The box they came in. poke.gif
ORANGE2
Call a window tint shop that does paint protection film "Clear Bra". I put some on my old 914 and you couldn't tell it was even there. If you are ever out it my area bring them buy and I'll do it for you at my shop.
Cairo94507
Hey Mike:

I had a 3M headlight/rock-guard film on the headlights of my 993 back in 1997. It was a pliable, clear film that was probably 1/16" thick. I never had a problem with a rock chip. It never discolored and was easy to apply.

Nowadays, I have the 3M clear bra on our 997 C4S and though it protects against a lot of small stuff if a rock hits the headlight it would likely be toast. It is just a thin material like a decal. However it works OK for that car.

I did a quick search and this looks like a more substantial film than the clear bra film. I have no experience with this company or product. It just looks like the thickness we would need to protect our lights. http://www.amazon.com/Rshield-Headlight-Pr...t/dp/B0058NVUOE

Best wishes,
Michael
69telecaster
In all the miles, in all the vehicles, the only lenses I ever lost were when the deer jumped in front of me...and I dropped one when changing a bulb once. Either way, no little bit of plastic would've helped. Stones seem to hit my windshield, not my lights.

cm
larryM
XPEL protectors

- can get 'em in many sizes & shapes - very thick

- i use em on my expensive & irreplaceable flat face Bosch 5-1/4 driving lites & all my 7" glass H4's

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.