Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: just got home
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
rhodyguy
tomorrow. too funny. pictures in the am.
Mike Bellis
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
r_towle
Mossy been sitting outside in the PNW a bit to long?
jim_hoyland
Pet Rock ? smile.gif
Mike Bellis
Found it!

IPB Image
rhodyguy
not that bad but, i think bring a trailer worthy.
ehokana
No need to worry about rock chips- the finish will just grow back in a day or so!
billh1963
I'm sure it's very "Eco-friendly"!

We need pictures ASAP
rhodyguy
8-9 pst. 11-12 est. after the rolloff and pictures taken the first order of biz will be rolling the garbage can over to the car. then hook up the pressure washer.
Chris H.
It's the car from Orlando.... av-943.gif Just kidding Kevin! Whad'ya get this time?
rhodyguy
green 72'. the CL ad is already deleted. pretty much all there. looking at a few of the build threads currently happening it may be a 'saver/seller' or as i like to call them "eastern seaboard gold!". waiting for the "we're on our way" phone call.

k
wndsnd
popcorn[1].gif
wndsnd
Did you get a 914-6 for $200.00 at auction?

lol-2.gif
rhodyguy
i didn't check the vin or look in the engine compartment yest. IT HAS A 6 IN IT!!!!!

NOT. the form vees are real clean. decent lenses. 1.7, even has the complete early engine fan. front trunk is locked and no key. hope there's not a body in there. the interior is. oops need the full reply, i'll edit.

rhodyguy
asdf
rhodyguy
qwerti
MartyYeoman
Now that's GREEN!!
rhodyguy
zxcv. the interior is a icon8.gif . off to fill the garbage can and roll out the pressure washer. the bumper tops are in surprisingly good condition all things considered. the early bumpers were chrome. maybe a good start for rechrome. i wonder if the rain-x worked? 3rd order of biz is to see if the 1.7 mps is there and put it on the mity-vac.
sixnotfour
Wow, looks like it was a pretty nice car before they abandoned it..
rhodyguy
story is, from cl ad, was running when parked in 02' when the then owner "went off to war". who knows? it's VERY complete. hope i don't have to fight the bumper bolts. with the fogs, formvees, sail panel trim was this considered an 'optioned' car in 72? has fixed pass side seat.
Chris H.
That has some moss on it alright. Bet it smells great inside. Willow Green is a great color! Hope the engine is all good beerchug.gif .

Wait... confused24.gif '72 with fixed passenger seat?
boogie_man
So, Porsche made a chia pet out of teeners??
rhodyguy
found the last registration. turns out to be a 70'. can't wait to see what the steering wheel is. perhaps one of those highly desirable ones that convert to the rsr(?) clones. the garbage can is filling fast.
wndsnd
Lovely patina.

Just don't drink to colored water icon8.gif

Actually does not look to bad!

John
carr914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Dec 28 2013, 01:24 PM) *

found the last registration. turns out to be a 70'. can't wait to see what the steering wheel is. perhaps one of those highly desirable ones that convert to the rsr(?) clones. the garbage can is filling fast.

You're thinking of the '70 914-6 Wheel

Peel some of Moss off & see how it smokes Click to view attachment
rhodyguy
i think there's bit of money to be made in this one. besides the $.32 in change so far. no need to cut the trunk for a bat relocation. drill hole, run long wires and change the bat ground location
rhodyguy
the early knee bolster looks good so far. the am radio has 'porsche' on it. add on or from the factory?
rhodyguy
ready for battle with #4712907628, 12/70. looks a whole lot better after the pressure washer. camera is charging.
SirAndy
Many years ago i bought an old Mercedes 280SE that looked the same, silver paint and all overgrown with moss and grass(!).

I got it running and never cleaned it up, just drove it around with all the shrubbery still growing on it.

Made for an interesting conversation starter ...
w00t.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 28 2013, 03:57 PM) *

Many years ago i bought an old Mercedes 280SE that looked the same, silver paint and all overgrown with moss and grass(!).

I got it running and never cleaned it up, just drove it around with all the shrubbery still growing on it.

Made for an interesting conversation starter ...
w00t.gif

Awesome
wndsnd
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Dec 28 2013, 03:31 PM) *

ready for battle with #4712907628, 12/70. looks a whole lot better after the pressure washer. camera is charging.

WoW that is Fugly!

914 looks good though! happy11.gif
rhodyguy
it cleaned up rather well. didn't get carried away with the pressure washer. i think the moss protected the bumper tops from the sun. lots of good parts. i've never seen one of those radios.
wndsrfr
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Dec 28 2013, 12:31 PM) *

NOOOOOO...........Don't touch it! Call Wayne Carrini and have him put it in the "Barn Find" concours!!!
GaroldShaffer
Cool. I brought one home like that about three years ago. Took a little time with a power washer and a brush to get all the moss off it. Hopefully this turns out to be a good parts car or maybe better for you. The big issue with the one I found was the smell of the interior, had to wear a mask when taking it apart.
AfricanHijinx
lots of mossy cars here in the PNW
euro911
I was thinking the same thing, leave it 'as is' laugh.gif

I'm green with envy icon8.gif

Actually, looks like it cleaned up pretty good, Kev idea.gif
boxstr
Wow that really did come out looking good. Good job, blaster boy.
Craig at CAMP
rhodyguy
gerold, i think it could be a good project car for someone, but i'm not that someone. at this point i see no signs of hard contact other than the dent aft of the drivers side door. when i get the front trunk open i'll check for indications on the insides of the wheel wells. a leaky container of motor oil in the rear trunk seems to have kept the tin worms at bay for the most part other than surface.
rhodyguy
sun is up, enough light to work. roll out compressor, jack up pass side and remove the rear brake pads to see if i can get it to roll.

1. air up all the tires
2. remove pass side rear wheel and address the above pad issue
3. remove bumpers (maybe rockers to look at longs)
4. remove radio
5. pull steering wheel and have a look at it. its a wrapped version covered in a generic lace on cover
6. tbd

Porschef
Don't you love all the tasty finds in the trunks? The one I picked up a few weeks back had (among other things) an Instant power 12v charger, a 3" Starrett hole saw with mandrel, an Estwing hatchet/hammer, seven sockets (Craftsman and Kobalt), a Little Giant 4 in 1 punch tool (?), a bunch of Elvis cassettes, a minty PanAm marker still in it's original crusty wrapper, and over four bucks in change.... and a milk crate of some sort of tools I haven't figgered out yet...

But no spare tire WTF.gif
rhodyguy
oh yah, small collection of rusty open end wrenches and screwdrivers. a print out of a pelican "how to time your 914" tech article. a nasty old haynes. a audiovox am/fm cassette player. must have 5 old bic lighters. homemade center cushion/tray with some change in it. 1/2 of a garbage can worth trash. YOU FOUND 4+ BUCKS!! score.
Porschef
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Dec 29 2013, 11:44 AM) *

YOU FOUND 4+ BUCKS!! score.

Lol, yeah the real score would have been the (what she told me anyway) very rusty 911 the seller sold the week prior. Asked a hundred bucks, a guy who looked at it said it was so bad he'd only give her $50. I asked "Did it have the engine" she said "Yes, that's why I think the guy bought the car".... icon8.gif icon8.gif barf.gif

Wow. I have no reason to doubt what she said.

Btw, this was before the whole toolkit fiasco thing...
rick 918-S
I have been traveling and just found this post Kev. Looks like it cleaned up fairly well. Willow is an awesome color. Looks ok. What are the floors and longs like?
rhodyguy
inside inner seat hinge is thru the floor. i'll probe with an ice pick.

while the pbblaster does it's thing i thought i'd post a rear turn lens pict or 3. classic!!
sixnotfour
that DOT sticker is cool..
Porschef
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Dec 29 2013, 02:50 PM) *

inside inner seat hinge is thru the floor. i'll probe with an ice pick.

while the pbblaster does it's thing i thought i'd post a rear turn lens pict or 3. classic!!

Those sprouts taste really good on a tuna sammich....
rhodyguy
had some extra dough and bought this shiny beauty. cerama-chrome. i sold it 6-7 years ago without the coating.

had to air the tires and remove the rear pads so it rolled. my nice wife helped me move the car in the driveway and held the bumpers so they didn't fall on the gravel. got the bumpers off and accessed the latch thru the hole behind the bumper to open the lid. found non-rusted tools, another mps, new in bags frt bearing set and a can of un-opened can of bearing grease, another cassette player, and trash.

pretty straight trunk interior.
rhodyguy
trunk and prob not the best way to disconnect the driving lights.
Porschef
The piratenanner.gif is a home run beer.gif
GaroldShaffer
Those fog lights with the split lenses (line across the bottom 3rd of the lens) was only used on the 70-71 and few 72 cars while later 72-74 didn't have the split line. Anyone doing a correct early restoration will want those lenses. Sold a few sets to guys doing /6 resto's.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.