Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCA National Press Release- Werks Reunion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jesiv
Looks a formal request for 914s!!

PCA National Press Release

December 27, 2013

Werks Reunion—A Porsche Gathering coming to Carmel Valley, California in August 2014

The Porsche Club of America is set to begin a new tradition in 2014 with the inaugural Werks Reunion. The new, premier Porsche event will take place on Friday, August 15, during the world-famous “Car Week” on California’s Monterey Peninsula.

In years past, PCA co-hosted Legends of the Autobahn at the Rancho Cañada Golf Club. For 2014, the club will host a dedicated event to celebrate Porsche automobiles on the very same fairways. Expect a breathtaking array of Porsches, from rare classics to customs, race cars, current models, and everything in between. PCA will host the event with participation from Porsche Cars North America. National PCA Sponsors will also be present with exhibits and displays.

Werks Reunion is open to all and tagged as “A Porsche Gathering” for a reason: PCA is inviting other Porsche clubs to join in the fun! Werks Reunion is intended to be a new way for all Porsche owners to mingle during Monterey’s annual auto extravaganza. As a result, the Porsche Owners Club, Porsche Racing Club, 356 Registry, 356 Club, Early 911S Registry, R Gruppe, 914 World, and all Porsche clubs and registries are welcome. Membership in PCA is not required.

Porsche owners looking to compete will have the choice of entering their cars in either the people's choice or concours categories. Special, one-of-a-kind trophies are being made just for this event. Other Porsche owners will have the opportunity to include their car in the display only Porsche corral. All will be treated to a stunning display of more than 500 Porsches, access vendors, and enjoy the camaraderie of fellow car enthusiasts. The 2014 show will feature the latest Porsches, special vehicle presentations, celebrity guests, and a surprise or two.

About Porsche Club of America: With over 110,000 members, PCA is the largest single-marque car club in the world. We know the unbridled joy that a Porsche can provide, and have built a community around that very feeling. PCA offers driving experiences, technical assistance, and camaraderie that are second to none. For more information, log onto www.pca.org.

PDF download of this release:
Attachment:WerksreunionPressreleasefinal.pdf

This email was sent by Vu Nguyen and the National Porsche Club of America, Inc. © Copyright 2013 Porsche Club of America Inc. All rights reserved.
You may opt-out of receiving emails from PCA National by updating your PCA membership record at our web site. Read the PCA privacy policy.
boxsterfan
So do I have to be a PCA member?

Also, does anybody want to look at my faded out paint, dings, dust and rusted/rusting parts of my chassis? Maybe they will have a sad sack award. LOL!!

laugh.gif
Mike Bellis
Sounds like fun! I'll go.... driving.gif
jesiv
No PCA membership required! They specifically invited 914 World Members!!
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Dec 27 2013, 05:03 PM) *

Sounds like fun! I'll go.... driving.gif

agree.gif Could be a fun venue.... beerchug.gif
JeffBowlsby
Can someone post the .pdf for the details?
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Dec 30 2013, 05:19 PM) *

Can someone post the .pdf for the details?

I'm trying to download it from here... https://web.pca.org/UploadFiles/Werksreunio...leasefinal1.pdf

But it's giving me problems... sad.gif
cary
Ditto ......................
jim_hoyland
What are the other events going on in Monterey that week ?
cary
Quick Google ..........

Here's last years list.

http://www.montereycarweek.com/Events.html
FourBlades

914 World gets respect???

What happened to being the black sheep?

I'm selling my 914s... happy11.gif

John
jesiv
I thought that was cool as well. The fact that they called out 914 world was even cooler!!
Manny Alban
Believe a 914-6 won the Porsche overall award last year. IF Southwest let cars fly free, I'd have my 73 914 out there in a heartbeat.

Every car nut has to experience Monterey car week or part of the week once in their life. You don't even have to go to the big concours to have a good time. While I'm sure The Quail is a fantastic event, $900 for the wife and I won't cut it. We stayed an hour away where the hotels are much more reasonable but had lunch and dinner in the scenic restaurants around the peninsula. Werks Reunion is free to come watch and very inexpensive to show your car. Throw in a day or two at Laguna to watch the vintage races, some people and car watching in Carmel and you have one heck of a trip.
wndsnd
QUOTE(Manny Alban @ Dec 31 2013, 10:52 AM) *

Believe a 914-6 won the Porsche overall award last year. IF Southwest let cars fly free, I'd have my 73 914 out there in a heartbeat.

Every car nut has to experience Monterey car week or part of the week once in their life. You don't even have to go to the big concours to have a good time. While I'm sure The Quail is a fantastic event, $900 for the wife and I won't cut it. We stayed an hour away where the hotels are much more reasonable but had lunch and dinner in the scenic restaurants around the peninsula. Werks Reunion is free to come watch and very inexpensive to show your car. Throw in a day or two at Laguna to watch the vintage races, some people and car watching in Carmel and you have one heck of a trip.

Maybe some ecoasters could pool up and rent a transport together. How many 914's can you fit in one of those things?
Michael N
Monterey week should not be missed. I have taken the last several years off work to attend the events going on during the week and always have a great time. There is so much to see and do that is either free or really inexpensive that it is absolutely a do not miss event for me. Last year I went to the Concours by the Sea event on Tuesday that had so many incredible cars and it was free. The event was so nice I would have paid to attend. Parking is the most difficult part of this event in Carmel.

Click to view attachment

Through Grassroots magazine I was able to get into some auctions by signing up for some free auction tours. These auctions, Bonham's and RM's, would have cost about $40 each to get in otherwise. Mecum also has their big west coast auction during the week and it is always free to attend. The cars at this Mecum auction are not the regular muscle cars they auction everywhere else. There are Many European, speciality cars, and motorcycles at this auction.

Click to view attachment

Hagerty Insurance always hosts several collector car seminars that are also free to attend. They are very informative and worth the visit if you are a car guy. Hagerty gives out a swag bag that also includes tickets to get into Russo and Steele's auction among other things.

On Thursday you can see the cars that will be at Pebble Beech concours roll into Carmel and stop for an hour. They do a drive prior to the event. Cars that go on the drive get bonus points for the concours so most of the cars attend. Free again.

This past year I brought my wife's Bumblebee to the Legends of the Autobahn event. This is the event that will be replaced by the Werks Reunion. It was free to attend and cost about 40 or 50 dollars to show her car which also included lunch. I did not compete in the concours. I am excited about this Werks Reunion and think it is cool that 914World is included.

Click to view attachment

This year I will be attending the races at Laguna again during the week. This is the only other event that I will pay for other than the Werks Reunion. If you are from out of the area book your rooms early to save money. If you want to save money book your room in Salinas and drive in each day. I do the drive from San Jose each day and it is not that bad. I think the 914's should be out there in force this year.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.