Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Michael Schumacher injured
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ConeDodger
Apparently a head injury in a skiing accident... Airlifted to a hospital. should be alright by initial reports.

Talk amongst yourselves. Figure out who he is and why you should care (other than simply being human), insult him for being a risk taker, whatever you feel you have to do... blink.gif lol-2.gif
Steve
I agree. Save everybody a lot of time and just put a link over to the Paul Walker thread.
carr914
Never liked him or his Brother as Drivers - both arrogent Pricks!

I do hope he is alright!
bulitt
Prayers for Michael and his family.

David Coulthard has commented "there are two Michael's, the one you see on the track and the one off that is a caring and giving person".

02loftsmoor
You cannot win by being nice.

I've been in NASCAR pits, met with drivers on and off the track, Dr. Jeckel and Mr. Hyde, again you cannot win by being Mr. Nice guy. crush your competitors. Earnhardt was ruthless
mgp4591
Botts dots?
whatabout1
[Edit] Thoughts, prayers and hope for Michael and his family.

I admire the guy.

Hey, give him a break, he is German.

Sometimes the Germans seem a bit aggressive, controlling, harsh language....
I worked for Siemens for yrs. Us USA'ers just need a thicker skin.
Gustl
according to Austrian news he's still in mortal danger

they say he's got a blood clot in brain due to hitting a stone with his head while skiing offside the pist

currently he's in a hospital in Grenoble (FRA)
carr914
QUOTE(02loftsmoor @ Dec 29 2013, 03:30 PM) *

Ever hear of Jimmy Clark or Dan Gurney? Maybe more recently Dan Wheldon or Dario Franchitti?

Schumacher couldn't hold Senna's Helmet, much less drive toe to toe with him!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 29 2013, 01:58 PM) *

Ever hear of Jimmy Clark or Dan Gurney? Maybe more recently Dan Wheldon or Dario Franchitti?

agree.gif
r_towle
Hitting your head on a rock and getting blood clot is not cool.
I hope he survives that.
GeorgeRud
Hope he's OK! Remember, Mark Donahue was conscious after his accident, but brain swelling got him in the end.

CNN reports that his injuries are worse than first reported and he arrived at the hospital in a coma and had surgery to relieve pressure.

Some prayers may be in order for Schumi!
HAM Inc
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 29 2013, 02:58 PM) *

Not to stir the pot because I liked Senna, but Senna ushered in the modern era of extreme, aggressive blocking in F1 that would come to largely define Schu. and make Schu a quite hated figure in racing.

Me thinks that label, and many F1 titles, would have been Senna's legacy had he lived and raced long enough.
Wasn't a huge Sch fan, but I can't help but like winners. Hope he pulls through.
EdwardBlume
Hope he's ok.
I hope all the people who hit their head are OK.
Dion
I am a Schumi fan from the Benneton days. We can debate for
days the right and wrongs of our fave drivers. Spare a
thought for his family. Mainly his son who was present
through the emergency situation. Head trauma is never
good. He may be gifted but still a fragile human like us.
Prayers and good karma go out to him and his family.
'73-914kid
I was too young to remember Senna, a mere 1 year old..so I grew up ioslizing Schumacher. I'm not going to get in on this debate about who was better, but as far as I was concerned when I was a young kid, Schumacher was the greatest..

I pray he recovers from this.. the perks of being im though is that he gets the best medical treatment money can literally buy.

Sounds like an official update from his neurosurgeon is expected at 10:00 GMT. Hoping to hear good news..
914_teener
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Dec 29 2013, 12:36 PM) *

Botts dots?

It's Dot Bots....

You must be drunk.

I hope he pulls through.
oakpark
Whatever we all think of him as an F1 driver, I do hope he pulls through.
mgp4591
QUOTE(914_teener @ Dec 29 2013, 08:03 PM) *

QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Dec 29 2013, 12:36 PM) *

Botts dots?

It's Dot Bots....

You must be drunk.

I hope he pulls through.

I thought it was Dippin' Dots... hope he's okay too. Always thought he was a major dick but racing is racing. But if he skiis, he can't be all bad. And I don't drink, but thanks for the compliment!
bcheney
Still in critical condition and in a medically induced coma. Praying for his recovery.
rfuerst911sc
Went to a PCA holiday event about 8 years ago in Orlando and the key note speakers were David Hobbs and Steve Matchett. After the dinner the floor was open to ask questions. Someone asked Steve what it was like to work with Michael. Steve said it was one of the greatest moments in his F1 career to work with him. He stated Michael was very professional and friendly to everyone on the team, down to the lowest rung. He stated he knew everyone by name. He also stated that when coming off the track Michael would be discussing with the engineers what the car was doing, when they plugged in the computers Steve said he was amazed at how what Michael said in words the computer backed up with data. Steve said Michael was a machine when it came to car setup. I am a Schumi fan and hope he can pull through.
blitZ
MS is a fairly generous philanthropist. When the tsunami hit Sri Lanka, he sent $10M to provide aid. Character is who you are when no one is looking.
ww914
QUOTE(blitZ @ Dec 30 2013, 06:35 AM) *

MS is a fairly generous philanthropist. When the tsunami hit Sri Lanka, he sent $10M to provide aid. Character is who you are when no one is looking.

Well said!
bcheney
Just found this on MS twitter

@charlie_whiting: Some great insight from @former_f1doc into the type of brain injury Michael Schumacher had suffered. http://t.co/JuAqJ3OXgk
GeorgeRud
Prayers for Schumi!
HAM Inc
QUOTE(rfuerst911sc @ Dec 30 2013, 05:58 AM) *

Went to a PCA holiday event about 8 years ago in Orlando and the key note speakers were David Hobbs and Steve Matchett. After the dinner the floor was open to ask questions. Someone asked Steve what it was like to work with Michael. Steve said it was one of the greatest moments in his F1 career to work with him. He stated Michael was very professional and friendly to everyone on the team, down to the lowest rung. He stated he knew everyone by name. He also stated that when coming off the track Michael would be discussing with the engineers what the car was doing, when they plugged in the computers Steve said he was amazed at how what Michael said in words the computer backed up with data. Steve said Michael was a machine when it came to car setup. I am a Schumi fan and hope he can pull through.

I'd heard that before about Schu's amazing feedback. Doesn't surprise me at all. You don't win 7 championships without being the complete package.

The report I heard a couple of hours ago on the radio abc news painted a pretty dire picture. Hope like hell the guy pulls through and makes a full recovery.
QUOTE(ww914 @ Dec 30 2013, 07:20 AM) *

QUOTE(blitZ @ Dec 30 2013, 06:35 AM) *

Well said!

Nailed it
struckn
Michael Schumacher is a Living Legend in Motor Sport. Seems the only thing that could slow him down was the car he drove. To loose him would be a tragic blow to the sport.

Seems to happen to often this way, something other then a Racing accident. Always expected him to win and hope he wins this one.

One fond memory was when TG revealed he was the Stig???? Hope it was true but have my doubts. Anyway fun to think so...imagine.
carr914
.?
pt_700
wonder if he was helmeted?

if tc's clip above is from the site, i'd guess not...

makes me wonder how i survived bmx bikes and skiing and...
mgp4591
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 30 2013, 05:09 PM) *

He crashed on a Bunny Slope!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSS_1o1rJ6I

That's what I was thinking too! At Stowe no less! I guess it's the stereotype that all Deutschelanders are skiers and maybe he is good, but that doesn't look any more than a green. But, it's Vermont ice too... Stay safe kids, ski in Utah. Then go home...
r_towle
He was skiing in Meribel France! not Stowe.

when we lived in Munich I did not meet a German or especially an Austrian that did not grow up on skiis. Germany is a big place, so the skiers I met and skied with were all from southern Germany, nearest the alps.

I am not a slouch, ski team, backwoods skier, former ski patrol...
These guys made me look like a toddler on skiis, and could do it drunk with ease.
Not that we would ever drink and ski, that would be dangerous and bad for all of humanity...kinda like driving lights in place of fog lights....but I digress.

I hope he survives this, poor kid had to see that happen.
JamesM
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Dec 29 2013, 09:25 AM) *

Apparently a head injury in a skiing accident... Airlifted to a hospital. should be alright by initial reports.

Talk amongst yourselves. Figure out who he is and why you should care (other than simply being human), insult him for being a risk taker, whatever you feel you have to do... blink.gif lol-2.gif

Very sad when I saw this. He is one of the greats and always struck me as a very down to earth guy. It would be tragic if someone who managed to survive F1 goes out like this, really hope he pulls though.

I will still joke and make pedophile references though should I find out that he was 37 and dating a 16 year old. Seriously Paul, you were famous, good looking, and filthy rich, and you couldn't do any better then a girl who you had to ask her parents for permission to keep her out past 10?!?!?! headbang.gif

Though, things are different in Europe, and he is Michael Schumacher after all, so I might give a free pass even if he did.

Lets hope the French are as good at brain surgery as the Germans are at making cars!

JamesM
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 29 2013, 02:58 PM) *

Just because he was not the best does not make him any less great. One of the things I like about Schumacher is that he admits he is no Senna.
mgp4591
QUOTE(r_towle @ Dec 30 2013, 06:30 PM) *

He was skiing in Meribel France! not Stowe.

when we lived in Munich I did not meet a German or especially an Austrian that did not grow up on skiis. Germany is a big place, so the skiers I met and skied with were all from southern Germany, nearest the alps.

I am not a slouch, ski team, backwoods skier, former ski patrol...
These guys made me look like a toddler on skiis, and could do it drunk with ease.
Not that we would ever drink and ski, that would be dangerous and bad for all of humanity...kinda like driving lights in place of fog lights....but I digress.

I hope he survives this, poor kid had to see that happen.

That's what I get for watching YouTube clips... it would be interesting to see where he actually was, but regardless- get well champ!
JoeSharp
Michale talks to the people around the Drop Zone when he is here. I thought that that was pretty cool. Nice plane too.
I hope he makes a full recovery.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.