Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Research Info. on 914-6 Tool Kit pcs.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TJB/914
914-6 Tool Kits are a hot topic, so look into your stash for spare tools beer3.gif
You might have a few $100 dollar bills getting rusty in your tool box. happy11.gif

BTW: This is info. I researched some time ago when I was putting together a 914-6 Tool Kit. Add any updates or corrections, because this is a serious "must have" item for the kool kid gang. I'll post a lot of individual items that go into the tool kit when I find them on my computer popcorn[1].gif
Post #1 Stay tuned. driving.gif

Tom
TJB/914
Post #2

T
toolguy
It's the screwdrivers that have eluded me for the past 3 years. . When I have found them on EBay, they had been in the $150 - 200 range. . IIRC, the 914 - 6 kit is the same as the 911 early years.
TJB/914
Post #3
BTW: I may have duplicated photo's, but you get the idea. confused24.gif

T
TJB/914
Post #4

Here's something every 914-6 owner needs piratenanner.gif chowtime.gif

A NOS Jack with the little rubber thingie holding the jack handle in place. stirthepot.gif

Tom, That's all for today.
Hawk
QUOTE(TJB/914 @ Dec 29 2013, 04:51 PM) *

Post #4

Here's something every 914-6 owner needs piratenanner.gif chowtime.gif

A NOS Jack with the little rubber thingie holding the jack handle in place. stirthepot.gif

Tom, That's all for today.

That looks familiar :0Click to view attachment
914Sixer
I have never seen the rubber piece for the jack. I bet it got tossed the 1st time it was used.
TJB/914
Post #4
Found the one showing tools before cleanup. The 10mmx 11mm wrench was a tough one to find. I enjoy doing research & my interest now is 914-4 tool kits.
Tom
tweet
Hi Tom,
Good tips on the 6 tool kit. Do you have any pictures or details on the 4 tool kits? I am aware that there were minor changes in the tool kits through the years. I'd like to put together a complete tool kit.
Dan
tumamilhem
I have a near mint original red handle screwdriver for the /6. I didn't realize how astronomical they had become ($350 on eBay). I have some 914 tools and several early 911 complete kits and various tools including the leather bags. Some may remember the unused mint early 911 tool kit I sold here a while back. There is a good description and pictures of 914 tool kits and contents from each year on P914.com
tumamilhem
QUOTE(tweet @ Dec 30 2013, 12:52 AM) *

Hi Tom,
Good tips on the 6 tool kit. Do you have any pictures or details on the 4 tool kits? I am aware that there were minor changes in the tool kits through the years. I'd like to put together a complete tool kit.
Dan

Dan, where in FL are you? Im in Jacksonville. beerchug.gif
tweet
QUOTE(tumamilhem @ Dec 30 2013, 06:21 AM) *

QUOTE(tweet @ Dec 30 2013, 12:52 AM) *

Hi Tom,
Dan

Dan, where in FL are you? Im in Jacksonville. beerchug.gif

I'm on the opposite end; South Florida, Homestead.
Mikey914
I actually make the rubber piece for the jack. I wonder, how many people would want a set of the "screwdrivers"?
I could replicate them
tweet
Went to P914.com. Thanks for the tip. It has very good detailed info broken down. by year, on the tool kits.
toolguy
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Dec 30 2013, 09:27 AM) *

I actually make the rubber piece for the jack. I wonder, how many people would want a set of the "screwdrivers"?
I could replicate them

Would you be able to make them exact duplicates ?? Is so, I'm interested. You may want to start another topic for gadging interest in these. .
Dave
Mikey914
QUOTE(toolguy @ Dec 30 2013, 09:41 AM) *

I could replicate them

Would you be able to make them exact duplicates ?? Is so, I'm interested. You may want to start another topic for gadging interest in these. .
Dave

I would say yes I should be able to duplicate so they are identical to OEM.
I'm trying to procure samples for the final determination, but from what I can see, these are doable. As soon as I can get at least 1 PC in hand I'll know for sure, and start an official thread.
bdstone914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Dec 30 2013, 11:27 AM) *

I could replicate them

There are repros of the red screw drivers now that sell for about $200 each. Sierra madre is one company carrying them. They also go in the 911 tool kits for 69 - 72 era. Many more of those cars and they are obsessed with originality. $200 for an incorrect repro is just crazy.
Bruce
TJB/914
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Dec 30 2013, 04:13 PM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Dec 30 2013, 11:27 AM) *

I could replicate them

There are repros of the red screw drivers now that sell for about $200 each. Sierra madre is one company carrying them. They also go in the 911 tool kits for 69 - 72 era. Many more of those cars and they are obsessed with originality. $200 for an incorrect repro is just crazy.
Bruce

Bruce, I agree.
I believe this is the same vendor I purchased a red handle screwdriver a few years ago. They claimed NOS original with a song & dance it's perfect. It was close in color, but the lower edge of the red part did not have the correct fluting as the orig. Here's a photo showing the difference. Sorry it's not a good photo. If Mikey makes a repo, be sure to get a real NOS to copy. It has to be perfect NOS & price is no object for the 911 & 914-6 crowd. popcorn[1].gif
Tom
TJB/914
Forgot to say,
The lower darker red handle is the NOS original, see the different lower flutting. The two upper lighter ones are Repo's, but close copy's.
Tom
TJB/914
QUOTE(TJB/914 @ Dec 30 2013, 04:37 PM) *

Forgot to say,
The lower darker red handle is the NOS original, see the different lower flutting. The two upper lighter ones are Repo's, but close copy's.
Tom

Hey,
I just received a few emails, maybe there are more than one style of red handle screwdrivers. How about everyone checking their tool kit for accuracy???
Tom
pete000

I could replicate them

You will become very popular if you can make the reproduction screw drivers for less than the going rate of $250.00 + ! piratenanner.gif

I have seen mint orig. red handle screw drivers fetch up to $500.00 for the set !

Make them ! Make them ! beer.gif
Mikey914
Its quite possible there are more than one type. Porsche had a way of changing up stuff in mid stream. This may be one of those cases.
I'd like to see more before I proceed, but you all know my price point will be significantly better.
Mark
porbmw
I THINK I have a set, with originals.

One of my biggest problems (one of many) is that I am such a luddite re taking/sharing photos etc.

But will check with what I have and if it is decided it/they are original, can lend for repro

BUT

Take exception to that hair-brained comment that 911 and 914-6 owners, price is no object poke.gif bootyshake.gif bye1.gif
porbmw
QUOTE(TJB/914 @ Dec 29 2013, 01:20 PM) *

914-6 Tool Kits are a hot topic, so look into your stash for spare tools beer3.gif
You might have a few $100 dollar bills getting rusty in your tool box. happy11.gif

BTW: This is info. I researched some time ago when I was putting together a 914-6 Tool Kit. Add any updates or corrections, because this is a serious "must have" item for the kool kid gang. I'll post a lot of individual items that go into the tool kit when I find them on my computer popcorn[1].gif

Tom

Are either/both of these screwdrivers original?
The fluting appears different.
Is there any difference in OEM fluting, from a Phillips to a Standard?
The lettering on what I gather are NOT OEM appears to be different/larger...or is it my eyesight?
TJB/914
QUOTE(porbmw @ Dec 30 2013, 05:49 PM) *

QUOTE(TJB/914 @ Dec 29 2013, 01:20 PM) *

Tom

Are either/both of these screwdrivers original?
The fluting appears different.
Is there any difference in OEM fluting, from a Phillips to a Standard?
The lettering on what I gather are NOT OEM appears to be different/larger...or is it my eyesight?

porbmw.
I don't have them anymore to compare. Check the photo with the three screwdrivers. The (2) red handle screwdrivers on the top are repo Phillips & the other long one is a repo. Both are a little lighter red in color. The bottom one is darker red and a Phillips screwdriver. Notice the top two repo's have the same fluting & the bottom one has more fluting. The bottom NOS one had the same logo/letters/#s but does not show in the photo as I remember (foggy memory). Others will have to determine NOS originals from repo's from their original tool kits. Everything is from my archive photo's & all I can contribute.
Tom

tumamilhem
Here's mine. From a early 70's 911 kit. Very nice condition, though age is obvious.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I have many 911 tool kits from the 70's and early 80's, complete, nice condition, good leather bags, and some misc tools/incomplete kits and bags too. I knw some have asked me about them but I forgot to take pics of them a while back an they've been out of sight, out of mind so to speak. I will start taking pics of them as well as some misc 914 parts to sell too such as very nice, OEM original gear shift knobs (even a nice wooden 912 shift knob with same setup for 914), etc. Once I get pics done, I will post in Classifieds.
larryM
this was on eBay in 2012 - $1100

Click to view attachment
orthobiz
Valuable thread, Tom!

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.