Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windshield replacement needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jpcamak
I am in need of a windshield for my 76 914. Any recommendations? Has anyone used the one from Rockauto.com?
walterolin
I believe JawjaPorsche in Clayton, Ga. had his done a while back. You might send him a PM.
wndsrfr
QUOTE(jpcamak @ Dec 30 2013, 07:54 AM) *

I am in need of a windshield for my 76 914. Any recommendations?

they're available at the local windshield repair shops for about $150.... I had them do away with the chrome trim since it was coming off at the higher speeds on the track..... put in a generic rubber surround it's working great.... but you might consider getting the one from Mikey 914 it's probably better
wndsnd
Got a brand new tinter from ProSource Glass International. Excellent price and outstanding service. I recommend to all.
JawjaPorsche
Anderson Windshield replaced mine for less than $280 last year. Did it in less than 1.5 hours. Here is link: http://www.andersonwindshield.com/

His shop is about 140 miles from you. Might be worth driving over one day to get it done. He guarantees his work too.

He has replaced three windshields in my cars and he is a good man to deal with.
jpcamak
Thanks - I'll give them a try.
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(jpcamak @ Dec 31 2013, 08:10 AM) *

Thanks - I'll give them a try.

Tell Jim I sent you. I got new windshield clips from 914rubber but they just used the old clips. Yours might be different.

wndsnd
Those clips are plastic and can get brittle.

I would replace them or at least have them available for replacment becuase the windshield installer won't have them and they are all that holds your trim on.

Cant remember but I think there are 19?

I bought a few extra and was glad I did as they can be a fragile install.

John
JawjaPorsche
Here is link to clips:

http://shop.914rubber.com/914-Windshield-t...on-914WSCRC.htm

I ordered 19.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.