Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD: EMPI Polished 8-Spoke Wheels w/Tires $250.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
euro911
SOLD Thanks smile.gif

PRICE DROP mueba.gif

I posted these on the Samba, but thought I'd post here as well, just in case.

Currently on my wife's 914, but will fit 4-lug '68 & up Bugs, Ghias and T-3s with standard 4x130 bolt pattern. These are VW offset, so they sit outward more towards the fenders. Ideal for running 165 or 175 width tires.

Decent 165R15 metric radial tires currently on the wheels, but I can remove tires for less expensive shipping

Can be re-polished to look super great or easily hand polished for use as nice daily drivers.

Center caps and lug bolts are NOT included ...

Asking $250. confused24.gif

Prefer local pick up, but will ship at buyer's expense (FedEx)

(Car not included) rolleyes.gif

How they looked back when:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

How they look now:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
euro911
PRICE DROP mueba.gif
914itis
That's a great deal...I need help headbang.gif
Free bump.
bulitt
Awesome deal !!! icon_bump.gif
BuddyV
Bump....

Question: I have a set of these wheels...... what is the widest tire I could fit and still clear the fenders? (reasonably.... not trying to win a contest or anything.... just want something wider than my 165s)

Someone else on the board is selling a similar set that claims to have 195s ???

HHmmm.....

ps - great deal on this post!
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(BuddyV @ Jan 24 2014, 10:17 PM) *

Bump....

Question: I have a set of these wheels...... what is the widest tire I could fit and still clear the fenders? (reasonably.... not trying to win a contest or anything.... just want something wider than my 165s)

Someone else on the board is selling a similar set that claims to have 195s ???

HHmmm.....

ps - great deal on this post!

Not a claim, they are 195/'s biggrin.gif
No rubbing issue. All cars are different.
GLWTS. wink.gif
euro911
It's not necessarily true that all 914s are different, although, not all 914s are symmetrical out of the factory. The face of the hubs can be closer to the fender lips on one side or the other by up to several millimeters.

Identical style wheels are offered by numerous manufacturers with different bolt patterns and bolt spacings, as well as different offsets/back-spacing to fit different types of vehicles.

The EMPI wheels listed here designed for a VW (Bug, Karman Ghia and Type-3 series). They will fit a 914, but due to the offset, sit out further from the hubs giving a wider track than a stock 914 offset wheel.

The opposite is true when installing a set of wheels designed for a 914 on a VW - they sit further in, creating a narrower track than a stock VW offset wheel.
rmdinmd
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jan 25 2014, 02:14 AM) *

It's not necessarily true that all 914s are different, although, not all 914s are symmetrical out of the factory. The face of the hubs can be closer to the fender lips on one side or the other by up to several millimeters.

Identical style wheels are offered by numerous manufacturers with different bolt patterns and bolt spacings, as well as different offsets/back-spacing to fit different types of vehicles.

The EMPI wheels listed here designed for a VW (Bug, Karman Ghia and Type-3 series). They will fit a 914, but due to the offset, sit out further from the hubs giving a wider track than a stock 914 offset wheel.

The opposite is true when installing a set of wheels designed for a 914 on a VW - they sit further in, creating a narrower track than a stock VW offset wheel.

am interested, how much to ship to 21221 with and without tires? good looking wheels. idea.gif
euro911
They've been sitting for a while, so they'll need some elbow grease to shine up again, but they don't have any curb rash either.

There's a local member also interested. I'll PM you with shipping costs if he passes.
euro911
SOLD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.