Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Body in White
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JoeSharp
How many of you have asked about The Body in White. I know I have. Well apparently it has been sold at least twice.
ArnoWienands914Parts
On Facebook this guy shows the he is making them and has sold 2.
rhodyguy
joe, so… he's making tribute cars of the white car in the snow? or 2 of what? oh…hi! bye1.gif
JoeSharp
Body in white is what racers used to buy to build their race cars. A bare body from the factory.

Link

https://www.facebook.com/ArnoWienands914Parts
bcheney
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Dec 31 2013, 09:12 AM) *

Body in white is what racers used to buy to build their race cars. A bare body from the factory.

Link

https://www.facebook.com/ArnoWienands914Parts

Just looked at the Facebook page...pretty cool stuff. The table is nice.
JoeSharp
Yeah, the guy has a nice rack.

DUDES THIS GUY IS BUILDING BRAND NEW 914 RUST AND COLLISIONS FREE BODYS……..
rhodyguy
shipping estimate to 98446 please. biggrin.gif
Mike Bellis
I don't see any "new" 914's but I do see Hontech's table and jigs. I wonder if he sold out and gave up on his 914 project?
Bills914-4
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Dec 31 2013, 09:58 AM) *

I don't see any "new" 914's but I do see Hontech's table and jigs. I wonder if he sold out and gave up on his 914 project?

agree.gif , Bill D.
rick 918-S
If you look closely you can see color on the engine side bulkhead just below the rear window. It appears these are restored chassis' Nice!
boxsterfan
So he is restoring an old 914 chassis and selling? I wonder how much.

Would it actually be legal here in the USA to produce new chassis? I could take a headlight bucket from an existing car and attach it to a brand new chassis and voila!!

I think I'll wait until I can just 3D print myself a 914. sunglasses.gif
JoeSharp
It is possible that I am totally off base here as I can't understand whatever language it is written in so draw your own conclusion. I had just hope that someone over there was doing it. I do believe he has all the pieces and the fixture to make it happen though.
CptTripps
Hmmm...

I'd buy a "new" chassis in a heartbeat! That'd be a shit-load easier than all the other crap we have to go through normally.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Dec 31 2013, 08:55 AM) *

It is possible that I am totally off base here as I can't understand whatever language it is written in so draw your own conclusion. I had just hope that someone over there was doing it. I do believe he has all the pieces and the fixture to make it happen though.

Dutch
JoeSharp
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Dec 31 2013, 11:44 AM) *

QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Dec 31 2013, 08:55 AM) *

Dutch

Thanks Mike. The only thing I can read besides english is pig latin.
SirAndy
Well, Arno did sign up here twice, but he's not very active.

Arno
Arno Wienands

popcorn[1].gif
r_towle
I want that jig.....that would hold a chassis in the right shape....
Looks like he got every hole he could, almost overkill with the bumper brackets...
nathansnathan
QUOTE(WLD419 @ Dec 31 2013, 08:09 AM) *

QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Dec 31 2013, 09:58 AM) *

agree.gif , Bill D.

Looks like it. I think that is his car in the November 22 post.
IPB Image
cary
I tried emailing him .............. I'm not getting a response.
I want to get some info on the chassis table.

If you go to his Facebook page it shows that he's still operating.
I don't have a FaceBook account. But my oldest son is logged on on this computer. So I read the whole page. Looks like a nice operation.

I'll ask my son if I can ask a question on his account and see what happens. I'm going to mention that there's a few of us here on 914 World have an interest in the chassis table.
nathansnathan
QUOTE(cary @ Jan 9 2014, 08:09 AM) *

I tried emailing him .............. I'm not getting a response.
I want to get some info on the chassis table.

If you go to his Facebook page it shows that he's still operating.
I don't have a FaceBook account. But my oldest son is logged on on this computer. So I read the whole page. Looks like a nice operation.

I'll ask my son if I can ask a question on his account and see what happens. I'm going to mention that there's a few of us here on 914 World have an interest in the chassis table.

It's all in his "tube frame" thread (?), he starts building it on the first page.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=111490
cary
Arno did finally get back to me this am.
No new bodies. Just repairing and freshening up good old ones.

Interesting business model. Buy good cars. Strip them down to build your parts inventory. Then sell ready to go bodies for folks to swap out their rusted and tired tubs. Hmmmm.
Plus you'd have the parts that they're missing, broke or need refreshing. Hmmmm.
mepstein
QUOTE(cary @ Jan 15 2014, 09:51 PM) *

Interesting business model. Buy good cars. Strip them down to build your parts inventory. Then sell ready to go bodies for folks to swap out their rusted and tired tubs. Hmmmm.
Plus you'd have the parts that they're missing, broke or need refreshing. Hmmmm.

Very difficult business model.

Reminds me of a quote.

"How do you make a small pile of money in the car restoration business - start with a large pile of money."
scotty b
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 15 2014, 07:07 PM) *

QUOTE(cary @ Jan 15 2014, 09:51 PM) *

Very difficult business model.

Reminds me of a quote.

"How do you make a small pile of money in the car restoration business - start with a large pile of money."

unsure.gif sad2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.