Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-4 rear caliper rebuild kits ---eware
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
barefoot
Just getting into my rear brakes and saw that one dust boot is shot. Pistons work freely, so I just wanted new dust boots. Car is a 76 but everyone says same kits for all years for -4's
Got listing from Advance auto P/N 66784 for rear kits, discovered that they're way oversize. 914-4 rear pistons are 33mm and these have the seals with about 49mm OD
Then got a kit from NAPA, their P/N 532, and same thing, way oversize, seem to be same as above although a different manufacturer based on markings.
Assuming I'd need to refresh the fronts as well, I bought kits from the bird, and while similar the seal free OD is slightly smaller at 48.25mm and dust boots are quite different.
I've now ordered rear kits from AA so hope they know what's right.
Anyone else have similar experience ???
r_towle
pmb performance for brakes.

He knows his stuff
ThePaintedMan
agree.gif Don't bother looking anywhere else. It's worth the wait to ship the right stuff to you the first time.
mepstein
Go to PMB first. If Eric doesn't have it then ask on World.
brant
eric is a great guy

but I've bought about 10 rear caliper kits from pelican over the years and they have always been the correct parts, original ATE brand also...

if not pelican then the only choice is Eric!
Eric_Shea
Thanks guys. All of our kits include all of the seals. wink.gif
Porsche930dude
the pelican ATE kit worked great for me. first time one of the seal packs was missing but they sent me another kit. I found chucky cheeze tokens work great for the big plug
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.