Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hillclimb of the year - 2013?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Vysoc
Just an observation?

I watch the times every year at Pikes Peak to see hopefully some 914's run.
Unfortunately saw the 914 hit the rock this year.
I have seen Jeff Zwart's efforts over the years as he has received Porsche factory backing.
Sean Cridlands article in the September 2013 Panorama is well written.
My question is with Jeff Zwart running great cars and last year Romain Dumas running a 911 Rally effort up the hill with a great time. How does Peugeot and Sebastian Loeb absolutley obliterate the record by a ton.

I do understand that the course is now paved all the way but we are talking more than a 90 seconds?

Wow,

Vysoc flag.gif
sixnotfour
Their was a V-8 914 that finished
nolift914
QUOTE(Vysoc @ Dec 31 2013, 06:37 PM) *

Just an observation?

I watch the times every year at Pikes Peak to see hopefully some 914's run.
Unfortunately saw the 914 hit the rock this year.
I have seen Jeff Zwart's efforts over the years as he has received Porsche factory backing.
Sean Cridlands article in the September 2013 Panorama is well written.
My question is with Jeff Zwart running great cars and last year Romain Dumas running a 911 Rally effort up the hill with a great time. How does Peugeot and Sebastian Loeb absolutley obliterate the record by a ton.

I do understand that the course is now paved all the way but we are talking more than a 90 seconds?

Wow,

Vysoc flag.gif

Sebastion Loeb is one of the rare drivers, who stand head and shoulders above the peers of his generation!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.