Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Christmas is Over
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
motorvated
Pulled my rear shocks off and one has a spring with a red marking, and the other has a Green marking. Does this mean that they are different ratings? And if so, what are they? I'm planning on tracking/racing this car, with 911 5-lug suspension and wider tires, so which if either red or green would be appropriate for these springs, or should I be sourcing another color for both. And Happy New Year to all World members!Click to view attachment
motorvated
These are stock Boge shocks from the rear of a '72 4 cylinder car. Any info will be greatly appreciated. Tried searching the forum, but searches don't seem to work properly when using an I-Pad.
JeffBowlsby
Those are original springs - should be replaced.
McMark
I think there was a set of Weltmeister 140lbs springs in the classifieds. Check those out.
motorvated
QUOTE(McMark @ Jan 1 2014, 11:20 AM) *

I think there was a set of Weltmeister 140lbs springs in the classifieds. Check those out.

Sent the seller a PM this morning. Thanks. No one has commented on the Red marked spring. I'll be replacing both anyway.
john_f
QUOTE(scotty boy @ Jan 1 2014, 05:23 PM) *

PO must have been a sailor green is drivers side red is passenger side happy11.gif

Wrong way round - unless you always drive in reverse mode (or you have a right hand drive conversion). biggrin.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.