Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weltmeister helper springs?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
tomeric914
I've got 180 Weltmeisters and Bilsteins out back which work pretty well BUT the back end of the car is somewhat higher than I would like. If I lower it down, the springs move on their perches. Are there helper springs for Weltmeister springs?

If not, what are my choices?

1. Wire the spring to the upper perch?

2. Wire the spring to the lower perch?

3. Get a custom spring setup with helper springs and higher rate main springs "while I'm in there"

Thanks and Happy New Year! beerchug.gif
BMXerror
I don't know of any option for Weltmeister springs. As for coilover setups, I liked the Paragon Products kit that I had. However, if your goal is to go up in spring rate it would mean buying an extra set of springs as they sell it with 200lb Hypercoils. Unfortunately I just sold my kit to a member here. However, I have an extra set of helpers that I'll send you for the price of shipping if you chose to go that route. I also have a nice front sway for sale in the classifieds section. happy11.gif
Mark D.
J P Stein
I picked door #1.
Used safety wire, multiple wraps.......zip ties broke. Ran it that way for 5-6 years.
tomeric914
QUOTE(BMXerror @ Jan 1 2014, 02:10 AM) *

Unfortunately I just sold my kit to a member here. However, I have an extra set of helpers that I'll send you for the price of shipping if you chose to go that route.

Cool, thanks Mark! I just missed your FS add but I think those were for Konis. I'll PM ya.

QUOTE(mskala @ Jan 1 2014, 09:46 AM) *

Thanks for the link Mark! I must have looked right past those.
ChrisFoley
Those helper springs are for 2 1/2" ID coilover springs.
There isn't a product made to fit the stock 914 rear springs.
I would open up the center hole in your top perches so they slide down on the shock rod, and zip tie the perches to the springs.
914werke
How come those suckers are SO damn expensive?
slivel
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Jan 2 2014, 08:54 AM) *

How come those suckers are SO damn expensive?

Paragon still lists these for reasonable prices. No affiliation.

Click to view attachment
ChrisFoley
Paragon is selling them for less than my supplier charges me!
tomeric914
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jan 2 2014, 10:56 AM) *

I would open up the center hole in your top perches so they slide down on the shock rod, and zip tie the perches to the springs.

Excellent idea! idea.gif

It may be time to up the rear spring rate a little, get some proper adjustable coilovers and sell off the 180 Weltmeisters.
Woody
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jan 2 2014, 12:19 PM) *

Maybe they haven't updated their site in a few years. Or maybe he'll make it up on the shipping. Seems too good to be true.
Woody

Maybe they haven't updated their site in a few years. Or maybe he'll make it up on the shipping. Seems too good to be true.
Paragon
QUOTE(Woody @ Jan 2 2014, 12:56 PM) *

Nope, that's our current price. We sell quite a few of them. We're distributors for the manufacturer...Hypercoil.
r_towle
Drilled out both top and bottom perches and used safety wire in multiple places....ten years ago....still fine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.