Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MURRIETA, TEMECULA CA (or near by) AREA TEENERS
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
R8CERX
Reaching out to those members that are local to the TEMECULA and MURRIETA areas (surrounding areas as well if you are interested).

Could I do a roll call and respond via this thread who is near by?

Perhaps we can start our own little gatherings, support or touring in our own back country without the need to drive to LA, SD or further away?
driving.gif

Interested?

Please call out/respond to this thread with your interest and I will gather a list.

Did you know about the breakfast/once first saturday of the month car gathering with the TMV group every Saturday morning at COSIS?

I am a member of that group--would love to see more 914's there!

R8CERX
aktion035.gif

Marv's3.6six
Moo-ree-etta heere, bare creek, don't quite have a road worthy car just yet.
R8CERX
QUOTE(Marv's3.6six @ Jan 1 2014, 12:43 PM) *

Moo-ree-etta heere, bare creek, don't quite have a road worthy car just yet.

no worries-- beer.gif

we can still gather and enjoy coffee, work on cars, whatever…heck, ride along in any of the cars…idea is to start growing our little area with Teeners! network, help each other out, we can take any direction (as long as it is legal, as I have retired from the import and export of medicinal herbs…. lol-2.gif )----whatever .etc… driving.gif

So, that makes TWO of us! unsure.gif
76-914
French Valley here. We have a loose knit group or at least what is left of one. The Dawn Patrol was quite active until last year. Lew and Al both died, Ethan is full time student with a girlfriend, Dave now has a son and with the real estate market picking up Ceasar is surely busy as well. That leaves me and since I began this conversion I've been as scarce as Hens teeth. There have been others that made a few runs with us but no other regulars. I met a guy in the Costco lot 1 week before Christmas that was the OO of a 75. I asked him to join World but he said he didn't do groups. Can't help but wonder how he keeps it running w/o being in some forum. Bernie lives in Temecula; I believe he has 3 or 4 Teeners. Others will chime in.
effutuo101
Lemon grove here!
Work makes weekend stuff iffy, but always up to hang out for a bit.
My car is still WiP, but it will get there!
R8CERX
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Jan 1 2014, 02:08 PM) *

Lemon grove here!
Work makes weekend stuff iffy, but always up to hang out for a bit.
My car is still WiP, but it will get there!

No problem--I like what I see--a few cars in progress- perhaps we can help each other to get them going! welder.gif

Heck--for now, we all three can fit on my 914…I will have to get my center pad fix... lol-2.gif

That is three of us thus far! THREE AMIGOS--- we are still missing a few to get
a Mariachi Band…… piratenanner.gif
bernbomb914
Temecula forever
R8CERX
QUOTE(bernbomb914 @ Jan 1 2014, 03:07 PM) *

Temecula forever

CUATRO…..It is!!!

Will need to take turns using one car amongst the four of us…. confused24.gif
'73-914kid
I'm in vista, but as Kent knows, I'll pretty much drive anywhere meet with fellow 914 guys. I had thought of trying a big event/gathering of Porsche people in general. Couldn'come up with a place where we wouldn't get in trouble for having a lot of cars in a parking lot though.

We really need to organize a dawn patrol run..its been way too long..
siverson
I'm in Oceanside and that's close enough for me...

-Steve
effutuo101
Plenty of curb parking here, and if you hit the driveway right and don't have a slammed car, a few more in the driveway.
I think one the weather gets a little nicer, I should host a BBQ and meet some of the local peeps.
eric9144
I'm in West Ramona (nearish to Mt Woodson)... This last year's been crazy for us with a move from a condo to a new house out here, so I haven't been driving much at all... I am right in the middle of some of the best roads in SoCal, it has been tough carving out time to do drives...

The Dawn Patrols were good but we haven't done those in forever it feels like--Kent's too busy stuffing a subaru motor in his other teener to be the DP ringleader poke.gif

I'd be game to doing some runs, or even leading one... driving.gif
Blue6
Brea, with a newly purchased 6 conversion... Dave
R8CERX
QUOTE(Blue6 @ Jan 1 2014, 06:29 PM) *

Brea, with a newly purchased 6 conversion... Dave

WOW!

I think we are now up to eight!

And one working 914!

blink.gif

This is great.....

Let's give this thread a few more days and I will send an update with the local interest-

We can then plan a little pow wow or something like a pole position event at the local P2P here in Murrieta.....

I just came back from there with my 9 year old daughter and she beat me! driving-girl.gif

Let's see how many more locals we can dig up- I know of a few that have not yet responded..... So not bad for a local group! beerchug.gif
phatnine11
There are a few of us 914 folks in the Rancho and San Dimas/Glendora area. If a run is scheduled, we usually come out of the woodwork. Remember, everyone is welcome, no matter what you are driving!
Phatnine11
Steve
I am in Laguna Niguel. My car is also apart while I redo everything for the 916 gear box. Hoping to get it together soon. I am just a quick hop over the 74 to that area.
ripper911
Murrieta? You mean Marietta...
effutuo101
I know there is a white 914, a white 914 covert able and a purple 914 in the lemon grove/La Mesa area, hope they chime in.
R8CERX
QUOTE(ripper911 @ Jan 2 2014, 05:59 AM) *

We could start another group there…. confused24.gif lol-2.gif
sean_v8_914
my shop has a huge lot. im just off teh 8 @ 70th st in la mesa
ripper911
QUOTE(R8CERX @ Jan 2 2014, 11:31 AM) *

There's probably more 914s in Marietta than Murrieta, and we know how to spell around here.
effutuo101
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Jan 2 2014, 08:39 AM) *

Wow! I am past that area all the time. Usually to hit DZ Akins for dinner.
R8CERX
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Jan 2 2014, 08:39 AM) *

I am taking notes…

I will send an update tomorrow Friday with who and what we have for our local group--perhaps start thinking of a cool name that we can use to communicate via posting/threads…. TEMMUR INTERESTING TEENERS --or TITs?? lol-2.gif
(Just one condition--WOODRUFF cannot join/become a member…. blink.gif av-943.gif )

ALSO--
FOR THOSE INTERESTED IN GETTING TOGETHER AS EARLY AS THIS SATURDAY 4th,
we have a CARS & COFFEE with my other group (TEMECULA VALLEY MOTORISTS) that gathers at:

From 7:00 AM
To: 9:30 AM
At COSI's restaurant Parking lot--inside the TEMECULA MALL (across from the Lazy Dog and PF Chang's restaurant)

This is a small version of the Orange County Cars and Coffee--where we also get very nice spectrum of cars--all types, costs, levels, etc… nice group of folks!

Anyone interested is invited! hope to see you/meet you there!!
Woody
dry.gif
oldschool
Wow sounds cool... but what a drive! driving.gif
Maybe I'll do the same up my way (Pomona).. rolleyes.gif
R8CERX
QUOTE(oldschool @ Jan 2 2014, 09:41 AM) *

Wow sounds cool... but what a drive! driving.gif
Maybe I'll do the same up my way (Pomona).. rolleyes.gif

You are always welcomed!

but many of us in the area were in the same predicament--usually we have to attend the San Diego, Orange County or Riverside events, which are usually an hour away to get to the starting point.

Knowing that I have seen enough teeners in town, as well as some on the website, I figure it is time to get the locals to get meet each other and start a little subgroup--which by the looks, we are quite a few.

so, anyone is welcomed at any time, but we will probably have local runs into our backcountry, wineries, mountains, ocotillo wells, palms springs, help each other with car issues, builds, create a local brotherhood of good looking people screwy.gif , etc--a non pressure, relaxed, easy going, and simple atmosphere that would start with at least a good solid size group from our immediate area and perhaps anyone can join along the way so they dont have to drive all they way to Temecula/Murrieta.

We shall see how this grows….. and soon start some bylaws, charging insane monies for membership so I can retire and not work ever again!!! lol-2.gif OOPS…did I just say this out loud?? blink.gif

I can't wait to get see how this develops!

I think Tshirt with TITs as an emblem will look good!

Of course, women are also allowed but do not have a voting right…. and must wear a vail…. av-943.gif

THE GROUP IS OPEN TO ANYONE~!!! smilie_pokal.gif
Thestigz06
Temecula checking in! Currently in the market for a new car cuz I'm an idiot and sold my last one! headbang.gif
'73-914kid
it was only a matter of time before you'd be back Dan....haha
2mAn
Im in Fullerton, wouldnt mind coming down. Of course I dont own a 914 yet....
R8CERX
QUOTE(2mAn @ Jan 2 2014, 02:36 PM) *

Im in Fullerton, wouldnt mind coming down. Of course I dont own a 914 yet....

Great…. if you look like your avatar…. I will pick you up ….!!

Heck…I will give you my car!! My house, kids, bank account…. wait!! I am still hangover from new years!!

blink.gif
jeff
Meet at the "Streets of Willow" perfect for 914s....
AE354803
I'm in Oceanside
oldschool
Wow... So it looks like you guy's may have more 914 people then Us L.A. Crew. headbang.gif
R8CERX
I will summarize tomorrow who is who/where/etc--but there is definitely a good crowd around this area…

Looking good!

biggrin.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(ripper911 @ Jan 2 2014, 09:23 AM) *

QUOTE(R8CERX @ Jan 2 2014, 11:31 AM) *

There's probably more 914s in Marietta than Murrieta, and we know how to spell around here.

They are all rusty hulks and don't run anyway. poke.gif

A few in Riverside (not rusty hulks though).
R8CERX
RESULTS:

Welcome to the Teeners In Temecula (TITs) group
(until a new name is suggested, else we can keep this one.. perhaps we can vote?… that will be interesting).

There is a total of about 17 of us that have expressed the interest to have a fellowship of likeminded heads.

I am glad to see that we have "normal" people interested in joining…I was worried that personalities such as The Ripper, Woody, Cap'n Crusty, Dr Evil, those Canadians….etc… you all know who...would bring a bad name to our wholesome, milk drinking, ice cream social, boy scout honor group…. blink.gif
But they have not requested to join…so we are in luck!!! av-943.gif

Then again, anyone can join….so we may have no choice….. av-943.gif

Any-hoot, here are the interested parties--please provide suggestions for the group's name, and I can use this name to post on threads for our dawn patrol, BBQ events IN OUR SUNNY, WARM California weather, Wine Tours, etc, (again, anyone not listed, is still welcome to join!)

Current TITs loving members':

WITHIN LESS THAN 15 MINUTE DRIVE
User Name/Home Location
Marv's3.6six- Murrieta/Bear Creek area
76-914- French Valley/Temecula
bernbomb914/Temecula
thestigz06/Temecula
R8CERX/Murrieta

WITHIN 30 to 45 MINUTE DRIVE
AE354803/Oceanside
'73-914KID/Vista
Siverson/Oceanside
Phatnine911/Rancho Cucamonga

MORE THAN 45 MINUTE DRIVE
Jeff/Thousand Oaks
2mAn/Fullerton--I have offer to pick HER up anytime--assuming AVATAR is for real!
oldschool/Pomona
Sean_v8_914/La Mesa
Steve/Laguna Niguel
Blue6/Brea
Eric9144/West Ramona
Effutu0101/Lemon Grove

I will start a new thread with our first event--teh COSI's COFFEE AND CAR MEET for tomorrow Saturday…. cheer.gif
74 sunflower 914
I'm near Fallbrook/Bonsall.
ripper911
QUOTE(R8CERX @ Jan 3 2014, 04:45 PM) *

I was worried that Ripper would bring a bad name to our wholesome, milk drinking, ice cream social, boy scout honor group…. blink.gif

I was a boy scout. IPB Image
R8CERX
QUOTE(ripper911 @ Jan 3 2014, 02:57 PM) *

QUOTE(R8CERX @ Jan 3 2014, 04:45 PM) *

I was worried that Ripper would bring a bad name to our wholesome, milk drinking, ice cream social, boy scout honor group…. blink.gif

I was a boy scout. IPB Image

…so I heard…. scary! wacko.gif
TINCAN914
I havent been active here for quite some time, but now that we are back to warmer weather, looking forward to doing driving the car more.Nice to see there are some guys in the area.
Just got the car back from the moving damage in transit...Needs the fuel lines replaced, and we should be good to go..
R8CERX
adding you to the list--we are 18 thus far…

come to Cosis tomorrow--in any car
effutuo101
QUOTE(TINCAN914 @ Jan 3 2014, 09:07 PM) *

I havent been active here for quite some time, but now that we are back to warmer weather, looking forward to doing driving the car more.Nice to see there are some guys in the area.
Just got the car back from the moving damage in transit...Needs the fuel lines replaced, and we should be good to go..

Wow. Nice ride!
TINCAN914
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Jan 3 2014, 11:18 PM) *

QUOTE(TINCAN914 @ Jan 3 2014, 09:07 PM) *

Wow. Nice ride!

Thanks Chris.. It's a work in progress...
ORANGE2
I'm in Murrieta, and I have a shop in Wildomar with plenty of parking to meet at. I would love to help get some of these 914's on the road and start enjoying them. Including mine.
TINCAN914
QUOTE(ORANGE2 @ Jan 4 2014, 06:18 PM) *

I'm in Murrieta, and I have a shop in Wildomar with plenty of parking to meet at. I would love to help get some of these 914's on the road and start enjoying them. Including mine.

Aron, where is our shop located at?
Brian
Thestigz06
QUOTE('73-914kid @ Jan 2 2014, 02:23 PM) *

it was only a matter of time before you'd be back Dan....haha

I know man it's just..... Driving has become boring. Lol
2mAn
QUOTE(R8CERX @ Jan 3 2014, 01:45 PM) *

2mAn/Fullerton--I have offer to pick HER up anytime--assuming AVATAR is for real!

bad news. Im a 32yo Middle Eastern dude! hahah
ORANGE2
Brian
My shop is over by inland valley hospital. It's in the industrial park up against I-15. The name of shop is SoCal Auto Style. You can see it from the freeway.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.