Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stock -6 Fuel Pump
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Matt Romanowski
I have a good friend with a completely stock, original six that the fuel pump died on. What are people using now? Porsche wants almost $800 for an original one idea.gif ! Thanks!
gms
I am also interested to hear other options besides the noisy Holley pump I use on the race car.
popcorn[1].gif
GeorgeRud
I've had excellent luck with the Pierburg pump (relocated to the front as well). Maybe not original, but also not $800.
gms
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Jan 2 2014, 08:34 PM) *

I've had excellent luck with the Pierburg pump (relocated to the front as well). Maybe not original, but also not $800.

what model#?
are they quiet as a stock unit?
GeorgeRud
I'm not aware of a model number for their pump (actually 3193) it is sold through any VW aftermarket supplier for the early Beetles and has the required 3-4 psi for the Weber carbs. I think I got mine through Mid-America, but CB performance carries it as well. Cheap enough that you could even carry a spare if desired (~$65 with a filter).

The round cylindrical shape lets it fit into the front recess by the steering rack as well. I mounted mine on two rubber isolator s, and the noise is certainly not objectionable, though I can hear it turn on when I switch it on from my dashboard switch. Also helps to run the float levels down a bit when coming to the end of a drive to help prevent fuel percolation as we have ethanol laced fuel sold in our area.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.