Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seatbelts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Hammy
The seatbelts in my 73 are busted. The drivers side will come across your body after you do the whole tug, let go, tug etc. routine. The passengers side will only go enough to get your arm belted in IPB Image

What's needed to get these fixed? New parts? Which? Thanks. IPB Image
McMark
You can use the belts from a 924, 944. They're a little better quality and they're newer/less worn out. It's a great upgrade.
Trekkor
Or you can do this IPB Image

KT
Hammy
IPB Image Racing seatbelts look a little much for me

Are there any sites that sell the 924, 944 seatbelts ? Or where can I find some?
McMark
Easy way, call a parts recycler like Parts Heaven or HPH, etc.

Challenging way, watch eBay.

Beware that they're are two styles (AFIK). Here's some pictures and some idea as to what is involved in fitting the belts. As it says on the page, replacing belts with non-stock units has inherent risk. Undertake this project at your own discretion.

924 Belt Fitting
Gary
There's a guy on the bird board parting a bunch of 924/944s: 924s. I suspect he could help. I've bought parts from him with good results...
cha914
I upgraded to 944 belts, found a whole set on ebay for 40bucks...MUCH better belts...here is the thread on my install:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...=14619&hl=belts

good luck,

Tony
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.