Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need heater / flapper gaskets
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Kraftwerk
I am looking for a source of just the gaskets that go to the heater flapper bits.. maybe I will make my own.
As great as this picture is the gaskets are not clearly pictured in the photo. They go with the small rectangular flappers
and attach to the the "s" pipes ( "Y" pipes?) with the "c" shaped clamps.

Car is running real good, just need heat!

(btw, Photo credit and thank you to Rich in the PNW for letting me borrow your picture from a parts for sale/ wanted thread, Thanks Rich!)

Click to view attachment
tradisrad
I made my own gaskets from some rubber sheet.
type47
I have an old AA catalog that lists them for >$25 each. Find some thin cork and make your own...
Kraftwerk
Okay, I will fab them. Just have to decide: Cork or rubber, hmmm.... Sounds like the perfect project for a winters day.
bandjoey
I'm doing the same and was going to use head gasket material. What do all think about that? Or. Will any cork product work? How thick?
Mikey914
OK,
Someone get me a pattern and I do 100 of these and sell when for $1 each. These are the little annoying parts that should easily be availble. If I recall they were rubber, but I'm not sure.
914werke
No they are not rubber but a hi-density fiber (paper?).
I recall speaking to George some time ago about the outrageous price for these gaskets but since there was no alternitive he had no motivation to move.

They are a little tricky, not a flat part.
saigon71
I made my own out of medium thickness cork gasket material purchased off Ebay. They were glued on with hi-temp gasket adhesive. It took some time to get them right but they turned out nice. If there was another reasonably priced solution at the time, I would have bought them:

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.