Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: For Sale: New 914 Aftermarket Windshields
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
ProSource Glass

We have plenty of aftermarket (Chinese brand) green tint windshields for $195 and with the green shade top for $205. We have been selling these throughout the automotive glass and Porsche industry for decades.
You can save $ with local pick up/ delivery in the Boston/ southern NH area. We offer discounts for quantity with no additional freight costs for more than 1. We are geared for shipping globally. We have our own custom windshield cartons as well as crates.
For even larger savings we can offer these for pick up at our distributor throughout the USA in about 10-12 states saving you the carton and freight charges. We can be reached Toll Free 877-345-2800 (US & Canada) or 978-975-5400
Email:info@prosourceglassintl.com

We are working on availability of Sekurit brand windshields for the 914 but waiting to determine if the tooling exists. They would not be made in Germany if it is offered. That will be a much later determination. The Chinese are available now and we have sold more than 200 pieces in the last 10 years.
pete000
That would be fantastic if Sekurit windshields became available again !
rick 918-S
I purchased three of these in one order from this seller. I received a discount for a volume order and the shipping cost did not increase. I'm very satisfied.
ProSource Glass
Glad to hear it. No promises but I believe there is tooling in Europe from Sekurit. If they have it and will produce it would be several months- big if and chances are they would make it at their Finland plant. They make he 911 windshields there and folks are very pleased as they have the right fit and thickness etc. The pricing is about 50% higher which is justified to some. Will keep all posted. If it happens it would be summer as they run every 3-4 months minimum and 1 month over by boat.
finchmunoz
any pictures?
euro911
Is there a West Coast warehouse?
dangrouche
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jan 3 2014, 10:56 AM) *

I sent an email last nite, West coast time, and Richard responded this AM and I learned that I can pick it up in San Francisco-Northern California, no freight cuz one of the 16 distributor warehouses in California is in Northern California (Hayward or Fresno). so euro911, I would send an email attn Richard and find out if there is a location local to you that you can simply drive over and pick it up, like in my situation. Now I have to get busy and get the gear to R&R the old one. If I go the way of the black seal, do I still need the 19 plastic trim clips? Then I can offer my aluminum trim FS. I know I can get the butyl bead from Amazon.
dangrouche
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jan 3 2014, 10:56 AM) *

YES, there is!!
wndsnd
I bought my windshield from Richard at ProSource and it fit perfectly. I don't know why anyone would hold out for the German Glass unless they are going for a full concours restoration and that is rare in the 914 world.

Richard is a great guy and even met me to deliver the windshield. Good vendor and choice for us.

John
somd914
I too talked (e-mail) with Richard today. Good news for me as I can pick up in Baltimore. Now to research how to install... Sure will beat $450 for the shops in my area.
rhodyguy
you'll save yourself a bunch of work if you list the states. thanks for providing this service.
Chris H.
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jan 3 2014, 06:03 PM) *

you'll save yourself a bunch of work if you list the states. thanks for providing this service.

agree.gif How about Chicago? I have a couple of really small stars in mine by the wipers...but if it's a good deal I might as well get one.
billh1963
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jan 3 2014, 07:03 PM) *

agree.gif
racerbvd
How about near Jacksonville, FL??
rhodyguy
seattle/tacoma? this is the "bunch of work" i referred to. i have no doubt some people would buy multiples just to have one extra.
Evil914
How about the Great State of Texas? Even though I don't like to buy chinese crap,I'm not gonna pay Safelite $600 for one.Shame I can't get any of the lazy windshield guys around here to find me something cheap,I know other companies make windshields but I can't get my hands on one. hissyfit.gif
dlestep
It would be nice if you listed the distributors for everyone, here on the world.
I'm in Ft. Lauderdale area.
mepstein
I'm in Newark, DE. I know a guy around here used to have 914 windshields but I haven't checked in a while.
ProSource Glass
[size=5] Wow I did not expect that kind of response so fast from the 914 group but I am used to the 911 and 356customer base.
Here is an accurate location of warehouses. Some have both color options, some have only one but we can get transferred to other local warehouses depending on the color request.
Of course we can ship if state does not have any warehouse unless you have someone coming through there. Sorry no Texas locations..

Balt-MD
Belleville, NJ
Kingston, PA
Warminster, PA
Ashland, VA,
Norfolk, VA
Greensboro, NC
Charlotte, NC
Morrisville, NC
Northlake IL
Denver, CO
Salt Lake City, UT
Boise, ID
Portland, OR
Spokane Valley, WA
Tacoma, WA,
Everett, WA
Reno, NV
Las Vegas, NV
Memphis, TN
Little Rock, Ark
Phoenix, AZ
Tempe, AZ
Tucson, AZ
Tolleson, AZ
Tampa, FL
Orlando,FL
Ft Lauderdale, FL
Norcross, GA

CA Locations:
Anaheim/ San Fernando/Riverside/Compton/San Diego/Chula Vista/Fresno/Oakland/ Stockton/San Francisco/San Jose/Hayward/Sacramento

There are also a few in New England/NY as well as us in the Boston area.
Hope this helps. Best to email us direct at info@prosourceglassintl.com

ProSource Glass
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Jan 3 2014, 02:02 PM) *

I bought my windshield from Richard at ProSource and it fit perfectly. I don't know why anyone would hold out for the German Glass unless they are going for a full concours restoration and that is rare in the 914 world.

Richard is a great guy and even met me to deliver the windshield. Good vendor and choice for us.

John

Thanks for posting the picture John. I guess we have not bothered until now on the Forum as well many to Porsche companies and restoration companies. Thanks John for your assistance.
Richard
wndsnd
This is an extremely active and focused forum. Others will probably disappoint you after being involved here.

John

welcome.png
ProSource Glass
That's ok, we have done a lot with pelican and many other specialized but I agree good following so far.
Anybody need or have a later 1990's 968 Coupe/Convt we are getting in Sekurit windshields in 2weeks which have not been available in years! Thanks John
rhodyguy
easier huh? biggrin.gif all over western wa. focused? obsessively so... wacko.gif
euro911
In CA:
Anaheim/ San Fernando/Riverside/Compton

All fairly close, but Compton is a real short drive from here smile.gif
timothy_nd28
Great info
Evil914
QUOTE(ProSource Glass @ Jan 4 2014, 11:17 AM) *

[size=5] Wow I did not expect that kind of response so fast from the 914 group but I am used to the 911 and 356customer base.
Here is an accurate location of warehouses. Some have both color options, some have only one but we can get transferred to other local warehouses depending on the color request.
Of course we can ship if state does not have any warehouse unless you have someone coming through there. Sorry no Texas locations..

Balt-MD
Belleville, NJ
Kingston, PA
Warminster, PA
Ashland, VA,
Norfolk, VA
Greensboro, NC
Charlotte, NC
Morrisville, NC
Northlake IL
Denver, CO
Salt Lake City, UT
Boise, ID
Portland, OR
Spokane Valley, WA
Tacoma, WA,
Everett, WA
Reno, NV
Las Vegas, NV
Memphis, TN
Little Rock, Ark
Phoenix, AZ
Tempe, AZ
Tucson, AZ
Tolleson, AZ
Tampa, FL
Orlando,FL
Ft Lauderdale, FL
Norcross, GA

CA Locations:
Anaheim/ San Fernando/Riverside/Compton/San Diego/Chula Vista/Fresno/Oakland/ Stockton/San Francisco/San Jose/Hayward/Sacramento

There are also a few in New England/NY as well as us in the Boston area.
Hope this helps. Best to email us direct at info@prosourceglassintl.com

Twenty-six million people in Texas,makes me wonder how many 914s? idea.gif
Dasnowman

Wow I did not expect that kind of response so fast from the 914 group but I am used to the 911 and 356[/b]customer base.
[/size]
Everett, WA

How much for shipping to Bellingham 98230 from the Everett, Wa location and what do they have in stock there?

Looking at pulling the trigger late spring early Summer.
ProSource Glass
QUOTE(Dasnowman @ Jan 4 2014, 11:18 PM) *

Wow I did not expect that kind of response so fast from the 914 group but I am used to the 911 and 356[/b]customer base.
[/size]
Everett, WA

How much for shipping to Bellingham 98230 from the Everett, Wa location and what do they have in stock there?

Looking at pulling the trigger late spring early Summer.

There are tint and tint with shade band in the warehouses. It would be a lot of money for truck freight, minimum charge is $110 + crate/ box fee so best to make arrangements to pick up. There is a warehouse in Seattle if closer (didn't check the map) which it can be transferred to for pick up without any freight costs. Let me know when ready. Richard

David_S
QUOTE(Evil914 @ Jan 5 2014, 12:57 AM) *

Sorry no Texas locations..

Twenty-six million people in Texas,makes me wonder how many 914s? idea.gif

1 more 914 here in Texas that is going to need a windshield this summer. It looks like Denver is the closest to me, and that is still 6+ hours away !!
7TPorsh
I have one of these from about 5 years back. Picked up in L.A.. No issues on install or up to now. Great value and fit.
sic6
QUOTE(ProSource Glass @ Jan 4 2014, 12:03 PM) *

That's ok, we have done a lot with pelican and many other specialized but I agree good following so far.
Anybody need or have a later 1990's 968 Coupe/Convt we are getting in Sekurit windshields in 2weeks which have not been available in years! Thanks John

Hi John

Bought a couple of windshields from you, for a D, a couple or more years ago. At the time, you expressed some prospect of doing some bentwindows for 356...

Any chance of that happening....?...could use a couple.

Thanks
CptTripps
I sent an email yesterday and never heard back. Definitely interested and ready to buy.
ProSource Glass
QUOTE(CptTripps @ Jan 7 2014, 05:56 AM) *

I sent an email yesterday and never heard back. Definitely interested and ready to buy.

Doug:
I sent you an email last eve at 6:15 pm I just happen to go on the Forum his eve. Here is a copy of it:

Doug:
Hopefully, some good news. If you want the green tint green shade band they can be picked up in Macedonia, OH which would save you a bundle. There are green tint which can be transferred from another warehouse out of state but without any freight/ box fee.
The green shade band runs $205, without shade band is $195. We accept PayPal and all major credit cards. I can send a PayPal request or call you at your convenience.
Thanks,
Richard

ProSource Glass international
Toll Free 877-345-2800 US & Canada
978-975-5400
978-790-4657 Cell
www.prosourceglassintl.com

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, January 06, 2014 4:27 PM
To: info@prosourceglassintl.com
Subject: 914 Windshield

I’m looking for a new windshield for my 914.

You’d be shipping to Cleveland, OH 44114

Please let me know what I need to do to order. Thanks!

-Doug

--
Doug Hardman
ProSource Glass
QUOTE(sic6 @ Jan 7 2014, 01:18 AM) *

QUOTE(ProSource Glass @ Jan 4 2014, 12:03 PM) *

Hi John

Bought a couple of windshields from you, for a D, a couple or more years ago. At the time, you expressed some prospect of doing some bentwindows for 356...

Any chance of that happening....?...could use a couple.

If you are talking about the 53-55 bent ones there are some on order that are suppose to be in production. I lost track before the holidays. These are made in England and should have the Sigla logo. If interested send me a pm at info@prosourceglassintl.com I should be able to get an update in a day or 2. They have been slow with producing. We did have 10 of these made and presold all about 1 1/2 years ago. Thanks Richard

Thanks

CptTripps
Awesome. You were in my spam box.
CptTripps
I finally got around to picking up my windshield today.

Made my way to the local warehouse, and HOLY SHIT are there a lot of windshields there! I asked the guy for an estimate and he said "more than 100,000...easy" and I believe him. This pic is of racks A, B, and C. I couldn't really take more, but I did hear him call out an order on rack "R" so that gives you an idea how big the place was. Anywho...on to the one I picked up.

They grabbed it and put it on the "inspection rack" to clean and go over. Spent about 5min looking over the glass and checking every inch for defects and scratches.

Mine is the "$195" version without the tint-band. It looks absolutely perfect.

I won't have it in the car for a while, but I can tell you that the quality appears to be spot-on. Big thanks to Richard at ProSource for the assist in getting everything set up.
bulitt
Wow, 8 miles from my house. Will be buying soon!
nsyr
Just wanted to give my two cents. I picked one up in Tampa for $150. This windshield is noticeably lighter than stock and is approximately one millimeter thinner than stock. It is also flatter. The stock windshield is a bit rounded where it meets the windshield frame. Almost bubble like. The new glass is pretty much flat from top to bottom. Personally I kind of like it that way, although the top edge of the glass is not parallel with the mounting surface of the frame.
bulitt
QUOTE(nsyr @ Apr 14 2014, 08:06 AM) *

Just wanted to give my two cents. I picked one up in Tampa for $150. This windshield is noticeably lighter than stock and is approximately one millimeter thinner than stock. It is also flatter. The stock windshield is a bit rounded where it meets the windshield frame. Almost bubble like. The new glass is pretty much flat from top to bottom. Personally I kind of like it that way, although the top edge of the glass is not parallel with the mounting surface of the frame.

Did you use the chrome trim or the rubber gasket? If you used the chrome did the butyl bead work ok?
nsyr
I used the rubber gasket.
bdstone914
QUOTE(nsyr @ Apr 15 2014, 06:57 PM) *

I used the rubber gasket.

With the windshield bring thinner I wonder how well the original trim seats. If there is much of an air gap the trim can work out and fly off into the wind.

I think all the aftermarket windshields are flatter. The OE had the curve at the top to smooth out the air flow as it went over the top.
dangrouche
I have a shout out for Richard and Lois at Pro Glass International. I sent an email in the morning, Richard responded in the afternoon and I paid for it that same day. Model FW235 is the clear tinted one that I got for $195 out the door via PayPal. I was told it would take 48 hours to get a unit the warehouse in San Francisco. I called a day early and the warehouse apparently got it sooner than expected. I picked up my windshield within 26 hours of my email. I did a cursory inspection at the warehouse and it seemed fine. I got it home and found a bit of black dirt on the driver side on the left edge, something that would not come off with chemical or mechanical scraping. I was going to chalk it up to experience and live with it, and then emailed Richard about it he replied within hours. He contacted glass shops in the San Francisco area the next day for cleaning advice. After the glass shop saw the pic I had sent to Richard, Lois later contacted me and said I could still exchange it. I brought it back and this time the warehouse personnel stripped off the shipping padding and the entire glass could be inspected thoroughly. The first unit was okay, but the padding foam had hidden the black marks. (see pic) The lesson learned here is to be thorough and inspect the entire glass before driving away. I commend Richard for his effort and Lois for her patience. Richard was emailing at all odd hours checking on the status of things. He has excellent follow through. I would not hesitate buying from them again. My highest recommendation.
UPDATED April 28 2014. here is the finished installation, using 3M brand 3/8" butyl bead
Moneypit
Have to add, still no Texas? Are there any "affiliations" or distributors you'd be willing to work through? I'd like to have a solid option when the time comes!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.