Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Funtional Euro front turn markers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914werke
I have the Amber/White lens's on the front but have never seen a car w/the accompaning dual bulb receptical?
Brad Roberts
Craig Laughlin sells a conversion kit for our cars that gives you a little plate holder with a bulb that slides into the stock location in your turn signal housing. I forget how much they are ..but they are pretty slick and easy to install.

B
djm914-6
I bought my kit from Camp914 and love the look. Installation was very easy and Craig is great to deal with. CCL will chime in soon, I'm sure.
Part Pricer
...and your money back if not satisfied. boldblue.gif
seanery
I think they're cool, my white car has them.
Bleyseng
Rich, I have them on my car its just that you have never seen it at night. Get em from Craig at CAMP914, they just slide right in. I wired em so only the clear lenses are lit when I turn on the parking lites and the amber is only for turn signals.
Geoff
ptravnic
I just got around to installing the same kit this past weekend. Simple install. I made the turn signals out of the white section... Was unsure of this though - opinions on visibility are appreciated. Have not gotten it on the road yet for the season though.
Brad Roberts
I'm not sure about the laws in your area..but Ca. says we have to have "amber" front turn signal lenses. They might get a little pissy if we used clear.. However... if you use a "amber" bulb you should be fine (which is how the Ricers get away with it running clear lenses)

B
JRust
Yes buy Craigs Kit! I got it also & it is a easy install! He does offer a money back gaurantee too! Craig can hook you up quickly. He stocks them & can get them out same day usually! Stand up guy with a disease nown as 914itis! He & Jim chambers go thru 914's like I go thru Pizza's. I think I swaped some parts for my kit so I don't remember how much they are. Good luck
Elliot_Cannon
Does Camp914 have a web site or a phone number? Thanks.
Cheers, Elliot
Gint
Send a PM to our very own club member "boxstr"
JRust
Hey I just gave Craig a buzz. He'll post something asap!
boxstr
Hey you guy's quite buggin me, I'm trying to get out of town, heading to Palm Desert and 113 deg., trying to thaw out from these lovely Pacific Northwest winter blahs.
Anyway. I do have euro light kits and I will post on the 914 Parts For Sale Classifieds This evening.
Thanks to all.
CCLINPDISPARADISELAND
jfort
on a related note, when i turn on just the lights just to the first stop then headlights pop up but are not on. is that correct? i'd rather have just the amber lights on. can that be accomplished? also, i take that one cannot flash the headlights without having them up and on. correct?

and, i know what you're thinking about someone asking such dumb questions. give me a break. i haven't owned a 914 since 1976.
djm914-6
I'll second that question.

When I pull the light switch to the first notch, the light scome up, but no lights are on. I would like to get just the white parts to light if possable. Can anyone say how this is done in a language I can understand.

Thanks!

BTW, did y'all know CCL or Camp914 sells these kits? biggrin.gif
Gint
I don't remember the point at which they changed, but early cars do that. Later cars don't.
SirAndy
the change was in (late) 72, IIRC ...

my '70 did not utilize the "running" lights, now that i have a '73 wire harness, they do come on when the switch is pulled to the first stop.

Andy
seanery
My white car is a late 72 and it functions like the later cars, 1st notch running lights, 2nd notch headlights come up and on.
Brad Roberts
All the factory sixes bring the headlights up on the 1st notch. Most of the early 70's cars do this also.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.