Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Valve Adjustment Screw Questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Nozzle
Just got finished with my first ever valve adjustment (thanks to all for the great threads!) and had a couple of questions regarding some of the hardware I found.

Two of the screws had really hammered slots (#1 intake and #3 intake not surprisingly) and should probably be replaced to make future adjustments easier. When I tried to back one all the way out as a removal test, the screw seemed to stop before finally coming out. Is there a special way to remove/replace these adjustment screws that I'm missing or has the screw simply deformed at the other end?

In addition the #1 exhaust lock nut was 14 mm instead of the typical 13 mm on the rest of the valves. The adjustment screw was also wider. Does this mean the rocker arm is also non-standard or can I replace it with the stock size found in the other rockers?

Thanks.
Mblizzard
I thought 2.0's all had 14 mm nuts on the adjustment screws? I know mine are 14's. someone might have done the replacement of them as an upgrade. But either way it sounds like a mix of parts. May be worth removing and looking at more closely during the next adjustment
Dave_Darling
The adjusting lug on the one may have been mushroomed at the end. You can try threading it all the way through the other way after you take the rocker arm off.

The lug with the 14mm jam nut is a later one. Someone replaced the rocker arm with the later version. I would not like that, but if it has worked I don't think I'd change it.

--DD
Nozzle
Thanks Dave, just what I wanted to know. Are the early style 2.0 TIV rockers still available? I notice Pelican doesn't stock them on their site.
Dave_Darling
I don't think they are. People like to back-date later engines to them in order to switch over to 911 adjusting lugs.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.