Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need Help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jsayre914
Car was parked in the city. Get off work and find this........

sad2.gif

How can I fix this? I would love if it could look like this never happend. Is there a way to bang it out? What do you guys reccomend?

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Please help. beerchug.gif
wndsnd
Bummer Joe but anything can be fixed. Doesn't look too bad.

John
boxstr
Anytime I have had any damage to a chrome bumper, the chrome shop says, bring it to use first, if you do anything to it you are just making more work for use. So take it in and ask your favorite chromed, if they can make repairs.
Body, I don't think the dent doctor can take care of that.
Craig at CAMP
saigon71
Man Joe, sorry to hear and see this. Bad break. barf.gif

If you need a reasonably priced local shop to fix it, contact CSS Restoration of Dillsburg 717-502-1456.

http://cssauto.com/

Same shop who bailed me out on my paint job - good guy. I will give you a ride if needed for the repair, just let me know.

stugray
Sucks but look at the bright side: He didnt break your taillight lens.
toolguy
file a hit and run report. . might there have been cameras anywhere ??? That's more damage than you think. . A bumper is $500 to rechrome, body is $500 to 1000.
euro911
Take Joe Biden's advice and buy a shotgun confused24.gif
carr914
Somebody from the Sandbox backed into your Car? blink.gif Cuz the only Real AssHats are in the "Box" - all others are merely Posers!
t collins
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 4 2014, 03:56 AM) *

Somebody from the Sandbox backed into your Car? blink.gif Cuz the only Real AssHats are in the "Box" - all others are merely Posers!

rolleyes.gif laugh.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif
EdwardBlume
What a pisser. This happened to me in college and its not fun to walk out to a damaged car hit by an anonymous jackass.

Take the bumper off. See what you really have going on underneath. Take Craig's advice on the bumper repair. Yes, you can pull out and repair the damage. You can do it yourself, but if you want it perfect again, there are people around who can do it for you. Matching the paint will be tough, it always is, but its a small area, mostly under the bumper.

My advise. Get a beer.gif then beer3.gif and put together a plan that you can handle.
Spoke
This sucks. Do you park in a lot or along the street? Any traces of other paint or scratches? The offending vehicle will have some damage too.
rmdinmd
I would file a hit and run report but don't expect them to get caught. years ago the guy across the street backed his trailer into me and left. I couldn't prove it but there was no doubt in my mind he did it. dry.gif
crash914
For the body, visit Jeff Shaws collision craft on Monument st...good guy. I have a couple of bumpers, but pretty rusty....There is a plating house across the street from Jeff's. don't know if they would do chrome bumpers though...
the city sucks for keeping up a good car....with the potholes, I have lost several foglights and shocks......good luck...
Porschef
Road salt should cover that blink.gif
euro911
I've seen people hit vehicles in parking lots (even at work), then they move and park further away. After the perp(s) left the scene, I would leave the victim(s) a note with perp's license plate # and vehicle description aktion035.gif
PanelBilly
I say this is a sign. You need to tear the whole thing done to bare bones and start a total restoration.
Ferg
I'd be looking for a trailer, a box truck or similar. That crease and sharp indent tells me it was something hard like a sharp steel corner, not somebody's abs plastic front bumper.
Chris H.
QUOTE(Ferg @ Jan 4 2014, 01:16 PM) *

I'd be looking for a trailer, a box truck or similar. That crease and sharp indent tells me it was something hard like a sharp steel corner, not somebody's abs plastic front bumper.

Looks a lot like a dent that a snowplow blade might make when it's up. Just nicked it with the side maybe... might want to look into that...
Tom
Joe, I am so sorry to see this happen to your car. I would wonder, however, why you are using a classic 40 year old car for a daily driver in adverse weather conditions and then being upset at being hit by the drivers out there today. Most drivers are terrible in good weather, never mind ice and snow!!
Wouldn't it be much better to buy a cheap POS to drive in these conditions? Again, sorry this happened to your car and hope it is fixable without being too expensive. Please buy a cheap daily driver and keep the 914 at home, especially in conditions like this.
Tom
bandjoey
It's getting to the oint we need to get a couple of the cheap russian car cameras (previous thread) and point them fore and aft everytime we have to park in a public aarea. Sorry for the damage.
jsayre914
QUOTE(stugray @ Jan 4 2014, 02:19 AM) *

Sucks but look at the bright side: He didnt break your taillight lens.

WRONG

Its busted !
chair.gif

euro911
I saw a small 4-camera single dome unit and a 4-channel DVR system for vehicles at one of the video suppliers I used to purchase from. Looks fore and aft, port and starboard ...

Somewhere around $500., though dry.gif

I guess you could mount a GoPro (or less expensive DVR-Cam) looking forward with a view of the rear view mirror to catch what's behind you for a lot less.

... or, a couple of these are less than $100. ($40.ea) ... even less on ebay idea.gif ... LINK

Click to view attachment

High Resolution Windshield Mounted Dashboard Camera with DVR
Easy to install mobile camera is ideal for monitoring driver behavior

True HD video resolution: 1280 x 720 (720p) @ 30 fps
Integrated 2″ LCD screen
Built-in microphone (can be disabled)
SD card slot (supports up to 32GB of storage)
Motion detection
Flip down OSD provides convenient viewing and adjustment of video settings
Internal battery backup
120° max field of view
Mounts easily to windshield with suction cup mount
jsayre914
Took a picture in the daylight.

I was thinking I could remove the bumper and take it to a shop for a quote. If its too much for my pocket I will bang on it with a hammer till it look better smash.gif

Where is the best place to buy one euro tail lense? AA?

popcorn[1].gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.