Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 914-6 track car SOLD
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
racergreg
Start the new year right with a complete, ready-to-run track car, light weight with lots of horsepower. It is reliable, great fun to drive, and very quick. Needs nothing! Fill it up, buckle in, and drive.

Click to view attachment

- Clean and clear title
- VIN #4712901861
- Current registration (although not very suitable for street driving)
- Located in Orange County, CA (Fullerton)
- Asking $11,500

Click to view attachment

This car started as a 1971 914 in very good condition. Clean and straight body with no rust--there is a small damaged spot in the battery well from electrolyte leakage sometime in the past, but no other structural problems. Major modifications for track use: interior completely stripped, dash removed, all window hardware removed, battery moved to front trunk, 4-point bolt-in cage installed. Headlights, driver-side wiper, and brake lights are still operational. All heater and vent/blower hardware has been removed. Large portions of the wiring harness have been removed or altered. The stock fuel tank is used, but the plastic tubes from the front to the engine compartment have been replaced with stainless steel lines. The rest of the fuel system has all new rubber and clamps.

Click to view attachment

The car has been extensively modified for the six cylinder installation, particularly the oil plumbing. The oil system uses braided lines throughout, and Petersen tank, breather, and other hardware. There is a thermostatically controlled front oil cooler ducted to the front bumper. The motor mount is a Patrick “hinged” 2-point unit bolted directly to the firewall, making engine removal fast and easy. Engine spark is provided by an MSD ignition module with changeable rpm limit plugs, MSD coil, and Pertronix optical points. The engine has been fitted with reproduction 914-6 sheet metal.

Click to view attachment

The superb engine is a Supertec built 2.7 RS motor with the rare and desirable Bosch mechanical injection, rated at 210+ HP using 91 octane pump gas. Case was align-bored, case-savers installed, new main/rod/intermediate shaft bearings, dilivar studs, turbo oil pump, solid chain tensioners, magged and polished crank, S cams. The engine has 1-5/8 headers with a 911 sport muffler.

The transmission is a standard 5-speed 901 that has been converted to side-shift. It is solid and shifts well. All shift linkage bushings have been upgraded or replaced, including the firewall bushing which has been replaced with a spherical bearing. The original shift lever is installed (which I prefer); a short-shift unit is easy bolted on if desired. The flywheel is very light (7.2 lbs) for fast revs, and has a Centerforce clutch with about 25% wear.

The suspension is stock 914 4-lug, upgraded with Koni adjustable shocks and adjustable coilovers. The rear control arms have Delrin bushings. The brakes have braided lines, with BMW 3-series front calipers and new 914 rear calipers. Hawk blue racing pads are fitted in front—they require warm-up, but do not fade at the track. Lots of pad wear left at both ends. Adjustable brake bias lever in the engine compartment. Two sets of wheels are included: cheap Rivieras with narrow tires for towing, and a good set of Fuchs with 205-50/15 Direzzas, about 25% worn.

Click to view attachment

The interior features a custom-made racing dash fabricated from aluminum, with a large electronic tach, stock oil pressure and temperature gauges, and a large oil pressure warning light. Driver's seat is a Kirkey Intermediate, with a Simpson 6-point harness (passenger seat has been removed). The pedal cluster has been rebuilt, with aluminum pedals and a light weight perforated aluminum floorboard. The steering wheel is Momo (steering wheel switch module shown in the photos is not included).

Not wanting to buy and store a trailer, I have fitted the car with a custom flat-towing setup. There are two small receivers that have been bolted to the trunk longitudinals. A towing bar inserts through 2 holes in the bumper and attaches to the receivers. Hook the hitch to your truck or RV, plug in the brake/blinkers cable, put the car in neutral, and you're off.

Thanks for looking! Please PM me for questions or to schedule a visit.
mepstein
11,500 with the engine? That's a deal/steal!
billh1963
An MFI motor.. NICE!

If the guy buying one of my TR6's would ever come through with the money I would buy this car....seriously!
shuie
A 2.7RS spec motor from Henry at Supertec? Wow. That motor alone probably cost 2x the asking price of the car.
brooks944
Pm sent
billh1963
No one bought this yet? Don't make me do it! lol-2.gif
914itis
Just too far for me, if it was street legal, I would be in a plane to drive it back. headbang.gif
billh1963
QUOTE(914itis @ Jan 5 2014, 09:46 PM) *

Just too far for me, if it was street legal, I would be in a plane to drive it back. headbang.gif

Ship it!
JmuRiz
Too bad I don't need an entire car!!!....let me know if you are interested in selling the motor only. My brother needs to rebuild or replace his 2.4 MFI and this would be perfect.
houdan914
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Jan 7 2014, 03:59 PM) *

Too bad I don't need an entire car!!!....let me know if you are interested in selling the motor only. My brother needs to rebuild or replace his 2.4 MFI and this would be perfect.

There is probably a long line for this deal. I shared it was the PCA folks in Houston and I know of a few who put there name in line to buy it if the current offer fails. A great deal. I should have pulled the trigger myself, but I have 2 original 916-6 and a 4 already. Plus a few other Porsches' (911, etc.). I hesitated too long. headbang.gif
jellonailer
QUOTE(houdan914 @ Jan 7 2014, 07:09 PM) *

QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Jan 7 2014, 03:59 PM) *

There is probably a long line for this deal. I shared it was the PCA folks in Houston and I know of a few who put there name in line to buy it if the current offer fails. A great deal. I should have pulled the trigger myself, but I have 2 original 916-6 and a 4 already. Plus a few other Porsches' (911, etc.). I hesitated too long. headbang.gif

Im near the front of that line houdan!
racergreg
Sold!

Thanks to all who expressed interest. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.