Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help! Speedo Seal Removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jesiv
So I have the speedo out. However I can't figure out how to remove the inner seal! How do you get it out!

Regards,

james
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(jesiv @ Jan 4 2014, 02:29 PM) *

So I have the speedo out. However I can't figure out how to remove the inner seal! How do you get it out!

Regards,

james

Seal in the speedo? There are seals in the drive, but I've never heard of one in the speedo itself................

The Cap'n
jesiv
IPB Image

This seal not the o-ring
Cap'n Krusty
Those look like the seals for the speedo drive unit, not the speedometer itself.

The Cap'n
jesiv
Sorry for the bad title. How do you get it out?
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(jesiv @ Jan 4 2014, 02:46 PM) *

Sorry for the bad title. How do you get it out?

I pry it out with the corner of the tip of a smallish screwdriver. Just be careful not to gouge the surrounding metal. BTW, I always use Mc Marks modified housing.

The Cap'n
jesiv
Thanks for the help! It turns out there was a metal washer above the seal that was stuck!! I got a small seal puller that popped the metal washer and seal out!!

I would have gotten McMarks fix but didn't have time. Poor planning on my part. I have a different thread on the transmission removal I will post my lessons learned.

Below is the tool, seal and metal washer

Regards

James

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.