Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: My new tow rig
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
I had a 97 Ford f250 powerstroke crew cab about 10 years ago. Absolutely loved that truck. It did everything I wanted & I have wanted one ever since I sold it. I like the older body style too. Well I came across one on craigslist for sale. It was pretty cheap as it was sold as a parts rig. Mechanically it was sound & had a Newer transmission still under warranty. It was a logging companies truck & it shows. There isn't a panel not dented. The seats & interior overall are trashed.

Bought this a week ago. So far I have pulled the drivers fender, Drivers door front grill , headlights (which you need to pull to get the fenders off anyway). Been scouring Craigslist for parts. Found a driver's door, drivers front fender, Truck bed & a set of Alloy wheels. Still looking for damn near the whole interior, Passenger front fender. Waiting on a guy with an f350 he is parting that may get me the rest. If not I found a f150 with a blown motor that would get me a lot of what I need. If I buy the f150 I would pull the white door I just put on. The f150 is in great shape & Blue. I'd end up using the whole front shell off of it for my truck. Then paint the rest of the truck to match the blue.

So I am stoked to have my truck again. Even if I am a few weeks away from really driving it. It's an extra rig so nothing I need right away. Can't wait for the next time I need to tow something. Been missing not having a tow rig. I hate not having one when I want it.
McMark
Nice! I've enjoyed my 93 F150, but keep dreaming of grabbing a diesel. I've replaced most of the running gear on the truck but it's probably time for a rebuilt engine (270,000m).
TargaToy
Congrats on the find and good luck on the new project.

There's something about the feel of a beat old Ford. Good times. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.