Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ignition coil question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jporsche914
I got jacobs spark plug wires for christmas and now i want to replace my coil. I was thinking about buying the jacobs coil. Does anybody know of any problems with this coil? I was also looking at getting the bosch blue coil. I just cant find out how many volts the bosch blue coil has.
Thanks Alot,
James
Mueller
I'd check their website 1st, but more than likely, the Jacob stuff should be used as a set or a combination of Jacob parts.
p914
I use the I.C.E. Pak on my 2.0. Has the electronic ignition and torque coil, really smoothed the engine out after install. I can't remember the name of the website for jacobs because it is part of another company. But if you contact them direct via phone they may have some refurbs instock for a good price, that;s how I got mine for $120. I got it about 2 years ago and have had no probs.
DJsRepS
The MSD I used with points and not the needed .8 ohm ballast resistor did not make it to the end of the street. Makes no sence to me to put a hotter coil on with a resistor that cuts back the voltage and the hi output. I would pic the Bosch Blue as it has a built in resistor on the imput voltage. Then there is an resistor in the dist rotor and another in the OEM plug ends. So dont use resistor plugs with all the other resistors. If you have the point eleminator kit in it already the resistor may not be nessary. If you use the Jacobs coil just read the directions for points use the suggested ballast resistor.
jporsche914
So i deffinentally need to buy the pointless ignition system. On there website they said you can run a 40,000volt coil with there electric setup. So then the 28,000volt jacobs coil would work without a resistor right??
jporsche914
Where do you find resistors and where do they sit and plug in to the car? Could i take the resistor off when i change my ignition to the pointless setup so i could run more volts??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.