Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hollywood Cars + Coffee Jan. 19 '14
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Maltese Falcon
Southern California 914 world members cruise on over to Hollywood for our 2nd Cars+Coffee+Grill, at the La Brea Sunset Plaza.
January 19, '14 !
Sunday, 7:30-11:00 am. Complimentary Starbucks coffee + tasty food by The King of Grill, provided by MSDS inc. + the Plaza mgmt. Open to all Porsches, ample parking and security detail on duty. Freeway close, easy exits off of the Hollywood freeway . Come over + check out the local Porsche hot rods !
Parking is limited, if you are attending in a non 9-series, 356, 550 or hot rod please use adjacent street parking.
1523-1543 n. La Brea Ave. L.A. Ca. 90028Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
Last Cruise-in on 9-14 weekend...Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
Tony's M471Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
Chef Herrera's Carrera !Click to view attachment
Serving it up hot Puebla style
rgalla9146
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Jan 5 2014, 02:27 AM) *

Any way to see more and know more about Tonys M471 ?
Wow !
Way cool !

Maltese Falcon
[/quote]

Any way to see more and know more about Tonys M471 ?
Wow !
Way cool !
[/quote]
He is a member here, when he gets a moment I'm sure he will chime in .
jim_hoyland
I'm planning on going; been a long time since living in Hollywood. Great location easy ride from Valley, Santa Monica, Long Beach
monkeyboy
I will be there.
dfelz
I am getting scuba certified that weekend in Oceanside, so unfortunately i will miss this event, AGAIN. Next time for sure though (fingers crossed)
Maltese Falcon
David , hope all goes well with your scuba certification.
This guy wanted to park your 914...you are better off in Oceanside!Click to view attachment
Montreal914
headbang.gif I will be doing a half marathon while this is happening headbang.gif

Hopefully next time... driving.gif
monkeyboy
QUOTE(dfelz @ Jan 6 2014, 06:55 PM) *

I am getting scuba certified that weekend in Oceanside, so unfortunately i will miss this event, AGAIN. Next time for sure though (fingers crossed)

Hoser. I was going to call you to see if you wanted to caravan. bootyshake.gif
oldschool
QUOTE(monkeyboy @ Jan 7 2014, 08:30 AM) *

QUOTE(dfelz @ Jan 6 2014, 06:55 PM) *

Hoser. I was going to call you to see if you wanted to caravan. bootyshake.gif

What about me cheer.gif
monkeyboy
Let's go! I need to do a little work to the car, but I am still down.
MATTYLITE
CAN'T WAIT!
7TPorsh
aw snap...Pomona swap is that day
7TPorsh
crap also the PCA Zone 8 Supercars Sunday drive in...too many decisions.
Maltese Falcon
You can figure on the Topanga Bl. gathering thinning out around 10 am, you still might be able to roll in to our cruise- in. These precious south of the border delights are calling your name chowtime.gif
Click to view attachment
7TPorsh
that looks soooo good.
MATTYLITE
Kevin Hart was at the Sunset - LaBrea Plaza, where the car show will be on the 19th, a few weeks ago filming for his new comedy sketch, Serve & Protect that premiers on Comedy Central this Saturday night. It's really funny!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8XMBfBgUCk
arg
icon_bump.gif bump
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(arg @ Jan 12 2014, 11:42 AM) *

icon_bump.gif bump

icon_bump.gif
jim_hoyland
The weather is going to fantastic ! Low 80's - definately top off weather. Lookiing forward to the drive.

IPB Image

Old Yella
Can works in progress come along?
oldschool
QUOTE(Old Yella @ Jan 14 2014, 05:40 PM) *

Can works in progress come along?

Yes, sir....
7TPorsh
everything is a work in progress...except that NLA-SIX orange six I see once in awhile. Awesome car Only work there is keeping it clean.
jim_hoyland
Mike, 914duck, is coming; and possibly Robert21.
914_teener
I might show Jim......

Be nice for somebody else to go with....you probably will take the 5.

The way it looks now by my house....GMR will be closed for the unforeseeable future.

Working on a kitchen pass.....
oldschool
I'll be there with a camera to shoot and maybe do a few interviews..come all! aktion035.gif
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(oldschool @ Jan 16 2014, 09:52 PM) *

I'll be there with a camera to shoot and maybe do a few interviews..come all! aktion035.gif

Cool' smile.gif See ya there...
andys
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jan 14 2014, 08:53 AM) *

The weather is going to fantastic ! Low 80's - definately top off weather. Lookiing forward to the drive.

My wife was planning on going until she read this was a "top off" event. biggrin.gif

Andys
7TPorsh
party.gif

Click to view attachment
2mAn
I'll be there, either with the 77 Rabbit or the other car that will be parked far far away since its not a 914, or german
7TPorsh
QUOTE(2mAn @ Jan 17 2014, 10:07 AM) *

I'll be there, either with the 77 Rabbit or the other car that will be parked far far away since its not a 914, or german

It's German....Karmann no?
2mAn
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Jan 17 2014, 10:22 AM) *

It's German....Karmann no?

The Rabbit, yes. If I bring the rabbit I'll be close, if its the *cough* Volvo *cough* it will be far away
oldschool
icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif
jim_hoyland
Mike, Eddy, and I are leaving Seal Beach around 6:30...see ya
jim_hoyland
Big thanks to marty, the weather was great, the food terrific, and the company was fun.

A Few pics from this am:
1. Marty's Turbo -6
jim_hoyland
Harold Wong's 3.6....
jim_hoyland
Eddie's -8 , Jaime, and Mike...
jim_hoyland
One Trick Six...
jim_hoyland
Arg...
jim_hoyland
Rob's white 914 and Susan...
Maltese Falcon
A nice turnout today, 914world + early911sregistry, and a few local hot rods. Nice to see all of these forum members+ their beautiful machines on a warm L.A. day. More pics coming up...Old School !
Looking forward to the next Hollywood cruise-in biggrin.gif
Marty
Maltese Falcon
Got the 930 on a short run over to the Rock Store afterwards driving.gif Click to view attachment
oldschool
Man! That's a nice 79 930 love it... I'll see how our footage came out and post...on my YouTube channel (914oldschool)And yes thanks Marty great time very good tacos , take it froma pro... lol-2.gif
Rotary'14
Hey Marty,, Thanks!
It was nice to meet ya and BS. Early morning for me is 9:30 if I don't have to work,,,,,,
So I missed a whole bunch of my 914 bros, but when I got there I did run into ol' reliable Old School Jaime to be there with camera in hand. MonkeyBoy it was really cool shooting the breeze with ya, I hope to run into you again.

Marty is a gracious host and stuffs our faces with good tacos! I highly recommend it next time it happens.

-Robert
MATTYLITE
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
ruby914
Matt, Marty,
Wow, sorry I miss the fun.
Lots of nice cars and good people.
I'm in that "early morning for me is 9:30" crowd.
I got the car back together by 10:30, actually thinking I would make it up there.
That's when my wife came out and told me the surf was getting better.
I look forward to next time.
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Rotary'14 @ Jan 19 2014, 07:40 PM) *

Hey Marty,, Thanks!
It was nice to meet ya and BS. Early morning for me is 9:30 if I don't have to work,,,,,,
So I missed a whole bunch of my 914 bros, but when I got there I did run into ol' reliable Old School Jaime to be there with camera in hand. MonkeyBoy it was really cool shooting the breeze with ya, I hope to run into you again.

Marty is a gracious host and stuffs our faces with good tacos! I highly recommend it next time it happens.

-Robert

Robert, nice engineering on the rotary power . Cool to see the new friendships between early 911s and 914s ! Check your PM biggrin.gif
Marty driving-girl.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.