Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wiring Harness layout
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drive-ability
I'm getting ready to install the wiring back in the project. I didn't remove it and sure I could wing it but if anyone has any pictures or diagrams that would be helpful I really could use them. I'm going to replace the old style relays with new style and the fuse box with my own custom made one. Hope everyone is doing well and lets just keep it that way !!!! I sure miss driving a 914, really looking forward to driving this one w00t.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image
mikesmith
Can you be a bit more specific about what you're looking for? The stock loom layout is very simple, but you are probably going to be adding quite a bit for the LS1 and instruments...

drive-ability
QUOTE(mikesmith @ Jan 5 2014, 09:03 PM) *

Can you be a bit more specific about what you're looking for? The stock loom layout is very simple, but you are probably going to be adding quite a bit for the LS1 and instruments...

Sure,
I just talking about the factory wiring, the layout is simple but the dash areas are a bit busy. Maybe if someone had a shot of the dash layout minus the dash pad etc.
Your point is valid about it being simple but seeing still helps with some of the minor twist and turns. Thanks
Dave_Darling
Check for Sir Andy's thread in the Classic Threads section. He R&R'd the harness from his 70, and took lots of pics along the way.

--DD
SirAndy
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jan 6 2014, 08:11 AM) *
Check for Sir Andy's thread in the Classic Threads section. He R&R'd the harness from his 70, and took lots of pics along the way.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...st&p=180983
smile.gif
JmuRiz
Hmmm, that doesn't look like fun work.

I have a spare harness I was thinking if having repaired and install...looking at all the work it will take has me re-thinking...
SirAndy
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Jan 6 2014, 11:56 AM) *
I have a spare harness I was thinking if having repaired and install...looking at all the work it will take has me re-thinking...

Once you get the hang of it, it can be done in less than an hour.

Helps if you have a second pair of hands for feeding it through the rear firewall.
shades.gif
JmuRiz
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 6 2014, 12:15 PM) *

QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Jan 6 2014, 11:56 AM) *

Once you get the hang of it, it can be done in less than an hour.

Helps if you have a second pair of hands for feeding it through the rear firewall.
shades.gif

Hmmm, maybe I will do it...I think Scotty can be bribed to help...with money.
CptTripps
I JUST got my new harness today. If you're re-doing the entire thing, this is a cheap/easy way to go. I think it was $175 shipped and has literally every wire you could imagine already laid out and labeled.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...t&p=1979845
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.