Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: soon installing new flywhee,have end play shim question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rosenfe
my manual describes measuring endplay after torqueing bolts to 80lbs useing old crushwasher and leaving only 2 shims in place.measuring end play by ,with desired range between .07-.015mm.then it says take end play measurement and subtract .07mm.this amount will be desired thickness of third shim.im not completely clear about this.will i always use 3 shims ,trying to to get to the desired dimensions.does mean i need a caliper to measure all 3 exisiting shims,and if need be get smaller or larger shims to equal the total dimesinon with all three shims.?

sorry for the wordy question.any simpler directions from anyone,i can be dense at times.
I had the same type of questions. ..Search is your friend
rosenfe
QUOTE(396 @ Jan 6 2014, 11:54 AM) *

im not clear what you are saying.are you saying you had the same questions and found answer and want me to find it myself,or that you dont know?i have done search,looked at 2 manuals and still not clear.
rosenfe
QUOTE(rosenfe @ Jan 6 2014, 12:14 PM) *

QUOTE(396 @ Jan 6 2014, 11:54 AM) *

im not clear what you are saying.are you saying you had the same questions and found answer and want me to find it myself,or that you dont know?i have done search,looked at 2 manuals and still not clear.

answered my own questions by re reading george husseys tech tips,very clearly laid out
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.