Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New M-Caliper Assembly Video
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric_Shea
Here's a video we just finished showing how a 914-6 front calipers go back together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioDak516MkQ

OK, granted, we did a little dis-assembly, plating and piston prep before we got here but, this will show you how they go back together.

Everyone here knows that we're "HUGE" proponents of plating your calipers. ATE zinc plated the calipers at the factory for a reason. Zinc is one of the best platings to combat rust. 99.9% of caliper failures can be attributed to rust. Your plating has worn off the exterior "and" the interior of your caliper. Water will find it's way into your hydroscopic brake system and, when it does, you get rust. Rust and old fluid form to make a bond and you have a stuck piston. If you rebuild your calipers without plating them, rust will form again in a "very" short period of time.
wndsnd
very nice
Montreal914
Very nice first.gif

...hydroscopic unsure.gif hygroscopic biggrin.gif
bigkensteele
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Oct 9 2013, 10:14 AM) *

I got Rob's back.
bdstone914
Eric,

What do you use inside the caliper bore before installing the piston?

Looks like anti seize compound ?

Bruce
ConeDodger
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Jan 6 2014, 08:37 PM) *

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Oct 9 2013, 10:14 AM) *

I got Rob's back.

Thanks Brother! biggrin.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif
Eric_Shea
Hey wait a minute... are you using me to slam me? mad.gif
bigkensteele
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 7 2014, 01:49 PM) *

Hey wait a minute... are you using me to slam me? mad.gif

I can think of no one better suited for the job. biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
Yeah but... blink.gif

...but... Rob deserves it!
bigkensteele
Since I plan on spending vast sums of cash at PMB over this winter, I felt entitled. You will be making my "M"s look like the ones in the video, plus a bunch of other stuff. I think that giving you shit should be included in the price. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.