Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Guess I'm here now
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cjgb914
Been out of the car world for awhile, old VW guy and have have had 4 or 5 914's through the years...but I'm back picked up a 74 and a 75
cjgb914
and the 74
bigkensteele
welcome.png

You must be twice as crazy as the rest of us!
rick 918-S
welcome.png
cjgb914
My wife thinks I am...bought the 74 last year, but then the 75 showed up for sale..I was told NO. But couldn't pass it up. Both VIN's in the database
JawjaPorsche
Your wife much more understanding than ours. You have hit the mother lode! beerchug.gif
cjgb914
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Jan 6 2014, 06:52 PM) *

Your wife much more understanding than ours. You have hit the mother lode! beerchug.gif

She puts up with me....I had 40 Vdubs behind the barn back in the day, but after almost 30 years of marriage she knows how I think (or don't think) smile.gif
David_S
welcome.png
What part of Texas ?? Im up between Lubbock and Amarillo .... And several others from all over the state !!!
cjgb914
I'm in Lubbock, well just south of town
boxsterfan
LE Bumper and Mahle's on the 1974? CanAm car?
cjgb914
Both cars have been off the road for years and in storage , the 74 2003, the 75 1998
cjgb914
QUOTE(boxsterfan @ Jan 6 2014, 07:15 PM) *

LE Bumper and Mahle's on the 1974? CanAm car?

Not sure, how can I tell??
StratPlayer
vin # will show if its an LE car
cjgb914
Well not an LE car, VIN falls in the time frame. But original paint code is L64K and with 1.8 motor
cjgb914
Forgot to mention, I got a set of 40 IDF Webers brand new with manifolds, linkage I think pretty much everything....good for a 1.8??? Or sell, hang onto??? Both cars have dual progressive webers now
Woody
San Antonio here. aktion035.gif
cjgb914
So any thoughts on this carb set?? They came with one of the cars I bought and are new, should I hang onto them, use them or sell them...Any advice would be great!

CClick to view attachment
Mike Bellis
Dual carbs all the way! The single is a POS...
I have run the 40's on a 1.8 and with headers I was very pleased at the performance improvement over the L-Jet/Exchangers.

Welcome to the World......
cjgb914
Sounds like I'm hanging on to these then!! Thanks!

C
Kirmizi
The standard answer is that you'll be leaving some power on the table using carbs with the stock FI cam.
That being said, dual Webers are definitely a step up from the single carb.
Do a search for determining what size jets will work best for you. beerchug.gif
ThePaintedMan
welcome.png

Can we get a side-profile of the carbs to determine if they're real Webers or not? The aftermarket EMPIs sometimes work, sometimes don't. But the linkage looks like a nice quality unit. beerchug.gif
cjgb914
Stampings on carbs...Click to view attachment
cjgb914
Also go this...which I think is Cool, showing my age smile.gif Anybody got some 8 track tapes laying around???Click to view attachment
ThePaintedMan
Liking both pictures a lot evilgrin.gif Look's like you're in good shape man!
flippa
QUOTE(cjgb914 @ Jan 9 2014, 06:39 PM) *

Also go this...which I think is Cool, showing my age smile.gif Anybody got some 8 track tapes laying around???

welcome.png

I will see if I still have some hanging around, I used to have a huge collection of 8 tracks.
cjgb914
So where is the best place to buy just basic tune-up/maintenance parts???

Thanks, C
somd914
Keep the carbs, keep the wife, but donate the 8-track player to a museum...

As for parts, you can't beat Pelican Parts for their well stocked warehouses and customer service. Plenty of great specialty suppliers out there also including some member-owned/operated shops.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.