Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Brake Master Cylinder's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
914werke
Got a pair of used but good condition Master cylinders.

1st is a 19mm $120 $110 shipped
2nd is a 17mm $100 shipped
(CONUS)

(They have the line seals in them to retain the washers but should to be replaced)

bye1.gif
euro911
Those look pretty clean. Repainted or OEM?

I just may be interested in the 17mm ...
914werke
Yes. Spruced up the Ext. from the the OE surface rust. smile.gif
914werke
icon_bump.gif
914werke
icon_bump.gif
914werke
smash.gif
914werke
rolleyes.gif
914werke
driving-girl.gif
jim_hoyland
Can a MC be tested once it's out of the car ? Where do they typically leak ?
euro911
A lot of the time, they don't leak externally, the fluid passes by the seals (pistons) inside and doesn't pressurize the line(s) going to the slave cylinder(s) ... (caliper(s) in our case).

If you have a spare pedal cluster and a vice, they can be bench tested with a pressure gauge.
914work
agree.gif The crux of the failures is rust/corrosion in the main bore of the cylinder.
Once the bore becomes pitted the, wiping of the bore wall by the seal is compromised.
IIRC this is compounded by the two different metals used: the Plunger=Alum & the Cylinder itself=steel.

Its pretty easy to determine if this is a problem as a simple large snaplock/circlip holds the plunger in the bore once removed you can usually see if you have damage.
euro911
That's why it's recommended to replace your brake fluid every year (or other year). Brake fluid has the propensity to suck moisture out of the air somehow.
914work
idea.gif
914werke
icon_bump.gif
JeffBowlsby
Hey Rich, I am your man for the 17mm MC. Send it to me please.
914werke
icon_bump.gif
914werke
idea.gif
914werke
icon_bump.gif
914werke
icon_bump.gif
a9146luvr
PM'd.
914werke
still available
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.