Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Busy in the garage making "chips"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
I started with the chunk similar to the piece on the right and after a few minutes (okay, about 15) I ended up with the part on the left.....

No CNC, just manual lathe and some hand tools
Mueller
Here the wheel is mounted in my Mallory distributor....the sensor at the 3 o'clock position will be replaced by a smaller unit, I can make this one work, but at only a $1.50 a pop, it's not that big of a deal to get one that'll work easier......the distributor will have 2 sensors mounted 180° apart, this way the ECU will get the correct signals to fire off the injectors....
Bleyseng
Cool, but if I remember the injector timing isn't exactly 180 and its kind a goofy what it is. I'll try to look it up to see.
Also, is this mounted to the advance plate? Hmm, factory isn't soo would advancing the injector timing be cool?

Geoff
jwalters
IPB Image Wow man--that is cool---how will this window affect "open" time as the revs go up??? How are you calculating injector dwell time? Or is the ecu doing this for you???

Way cool stuff man--good job! IPB Image
Mueller
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ Jan 1 2005, 03:02 PM)
Cool, but if I remember the injector timing isn't exactly 180 and its kind a goofy what it is. I'll try to look it up to see.
Also, is this mounted to the advance plate? Hmm, factory isn't soo would advancing the injector timing be cool?

Geoff

Geoff,

It's 180° on the stock trigger points...one side on, one side off on the cam lobe inside the distributor

yes, the trigger points will advance with the ignition, no big deal, it does so on the L-Jet as well with no issues..I can place the new wheel to trigger at max advance to mimic the stock dizzy at max advance but I see no problem with it as is...I've spoken to a few FI people and they don't see a problem as well.....

Or is the ecu doing this for you???

the trigger points do nothing but to tell the ECU that the motor is still running and when to fire the injectors (in pairs)...(one injector fires right before the valve opens, the other injector fires at the valve while it is closed and on the exhaust stroke)
airsix
As someone who's played with the injector timing I'll agree with Mike that it's a non-issue.

-Ben M.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.