Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Christmas Present...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rusty
Well, here's a pic of my big Christmas present... all assembled and loaded up.

I was amazed that I filled it with tools, and still had stuff left over. After I emptied toolbags and cardboard boxes, I found tools I forgot I had. Ya know, sometimes you can never find the set of vice-grips or something. I discovered four pair! IPB Image

Oh, and Sears has these little magnetic labels for the front of your tool cabinets. What a great stocking stuffer!
Rusty
More pictures of the garage... Andy-style!
Rusty
another..
Rusty
Another...
Rusty
If you can't tell, I'm having fun with the new digital camera, too. IPB Image

-Lawrence
jwalters
IPB Image You must be 7' tall to see into the top boxes!!!!!!!

Or you are a midget and the step stool is not shown!!!!! IPB Image

Congats! IPB Image
Gint
In you're shoes, you're probably lucky to have a garage at all!

Nice box.
Rusty
True... I am fortunate. I pay 65 dollars per month to rent that garage. I've agreed that I won't turn it into a paintbooth or anything. IPB Image

-Lawrence

P.S. Can I still count on you for the 15th?
Bruce Allert
Ya, I was just gonna say I hope yer tall t'reach the top of that tool cabinet IPB Image das'a nice one IPB Image

.....b
skline
That is the one I wanted to get. Sears has teh whole combo on sale for $399.00. That is a great deal. I may still do it if I get this other job. I like the blue too rather than the traditional red like my Snap-on box.
Mueller
looks good....not to be an @ss, but those crooked labels would drive me crazy IPB Image IPB Image
markb
Original factory manuals even!! IPB Image

Same box I have at the shop, (except mine is the boring ole red) but I added a "spacer" so I have a little workspace between the bottom box & the top 2. Step stool definately required! IPB Image
ChrisReale
QUOTE (Lawrence @ Jan 1 2005, 05:20 PM)
True... I am fortunate. I pay 65 dollars per month to rent that garage.

Damn, in San Francisco just a parking place can cost $150 or more. New York its more...Nice tool chest. Its nice to have a proper place to work and store your tools
John
I use a bucket to get to the top of mine....
swood
QUOTE (ChrisReale @ Jan 1 2005, 10:02 PM)
QUOTE (Lawrence @ Jan 1 2005, 05:20 PM)
True... I am fortunate.  I pay 65 dollars per month to rent that garage.

Damn, in San Francisco just a parking place can cost $150 or more. New York its more...Nice tool chest. Its nice to have a proper place to work and store your tools

IPB Image I have a 3 car garage attached to my house!
pete-stevers
great to finnally have the tools sorted... IPB Image Makes a big diff come project day
swood
QUOTE (Mueller @ Jan 1 2005, 05:41 PM)
looks good....not to be an @ss, but those crooked labels would drive me crazy IPB Image IPB Image

hate to say it...but I agree! Neatness counts!!! IPB Image
Gint
QUOTE (Lawrence Posted: Jan 1 2005 @ 06:20 PM)
P.S. Can I still count on you for the 15th?

It's lookin good. My last road trip in the XJ spotlighted some issues. Got some AT tires to replace the mudders. Should decrease the highway road noise significantly. I need to have the drive shaft rebalanced though. I think it threw a weight. Also going to replace the poly engine mounts with softer compound.
Red-Beard
When I moved to texas, I picked up a Stainless Steel Tool chest from Costco. What a great investment. I actually can find the tools I'm looking for. I do need to label the front.

James
Rusty
QUOTE (swood @ Jan 2 2005, 02:32 AM)
QUOTE (Mueller @ Jan 1 2005, 05:41 PM)
looks good....not to be an @ss, but those crooked labels would drive me crazy  :wacko:  :)

hate to say it...but I agree! Neatness counts!!! IPB Image

Bite me, you two. IPB Image

They're magnetic labels that got shifted around quite a bit during the tool reorganization. One drawer would get overfilled, so we'd need to swap all that stuff over.

These labels might be a bit AR, but they're SO much better than Dymo labels, and they came with some blanks so I can define my own groups.

-Lawrence

P.S. Sounds good, Gint. Hey, you know anyone looking for a low mileage 1998 YJ?
Gint
QUOTE (Lawrence Posted on Jan 2 2005 @ 08:36 AM)
P.S. Sounds good, Gint. Hey, you know anyone looking for a low mileage 1998 YJ?

Not right off hand. Lotsa Jeep sites though for free advertising. 98 should be a TJ. Round headlights? Coil spring suspension all around?
ClayPerrine
Heres something to drive all you "neat freaks" to distraction...... My toolbox. Matco Taco-Cart.
ClayPerrine
And my Snap-On tool cart.
ClayPerrine
The worst part is that only about 75% of my tools will fit in them. The rest are in boxes and tubs around the garage. IPB Image

Heres the parts washer. press and compressor......

Yes, that is my 914 on the lift in the left of the picture.....
TheCabinetmaker
Clay, ya better get that box inspected. Looks like it expired in 92 IPB Image
ClayPerrine
Naa.. thats the Octane rating sticker.....
TheCabinetmaker
Someone gave me a parts washer just like yours today. What kinda solvent do you use in it?
Rusty
I didn't take a pic of the stainless steel parts washer. I should start thinking about solvent for that monster, too.

-Lawrence
ClayPerrine
No solvent. If you look in the pict,the pump is not installed yet. But I have a friend with a machine shop that will let me rotate his solvent through my parts washer. He is washing metal chips off brand new parts, and I am adding a filter to the parts washer. That way I get the solvent for free, and his guy doesn't ask "why do you want the solvent changed when its not dirty?"
TheCabinetmaker
Mine has the pump setting in the bottom of the tank with a hose leading to the brush. The pump has a built in cleanable/replaceable filter. I know its a cheap one, but it was free afterall.

I'm just curious as to whether the expensive solvent works better, or has less toxic fumes than diesel or kerosene.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.