Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Price for my project car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spunone
We'll I need to figure out a price for my project car Sucks but I have no time at all and feel bad letting it sit.any idea howI can figure a fair price . Cars close to being done Mechanicly .for staters has a Raby 2316 and Tangering exhaust.Any ideas where to start?
Porschef
Well, like they say 'round here, pics help...so would a thorough description of your car.

Oh yeah, also, pics help.... blink.gif
spunone
Ok I'll see if I can get some this weekend
Dave_Darling
Usually you get something on the order of ten cents on the dollar for all the money you "invest" in a project car... sad.gif

--DD
Mark Henry
With that engine it would be worth more finished, might be worth paying someone to finish it then sell.
euro911
Sorry to hear it, Paul dry.gif
spunone
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jan 7 2014, 10:17 PM) *

Sorry to hear it, Paul dry.gif

yeah you and me both
wndsrfr
QUOTE(spunone @ Jan 7 2014, 05:32 PM) *

We'll I need to figure out a price for my project car Sucks but I have no time at all and feel bad letting it sit.any idea howI can figure a fair price . Cars close to being done Mechanicly .for staters has a Raby 2316 and Tangering exhaust.Any ideas where to start?

FWIW my Raby kit 2316 with Tangerine exhaust and SDS injection & spark puts down 165 hp and similar torque at the rear wheels....puts a huge grin on my face aktion035.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jan 7 2014, 08:54 PM) *

Usually you get something on the order of ten cents on the dollar for all the money you "invest" in a project car... sad.gif

--DD

That engine finished is worth $8K - $12K depending on induction. Carbs at the cheaper end, injection at the higher end. The prices include the exhaust.
spunone
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 8 2014, 08:03 AM) *

QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jan 7 2014, 08:54 PM) *

--DD

That engine finished is worth $8K - $12K depending on induction. Carbs at the cheaper end, injection at the higher end. The prices include the exhaust.

Yeah I was thinking around 8K 45 dells for carbs it has the oil cooler up front rennshift special motor mounts blah blah blah blah also new konis with springs not mounted yet and of course jack stands LOL will even throw in the motor cycle lift will try and get pics this weekend Thanks
d914
Might be better to part vs. selling a project
Chris Pincetich
You'll get more $$$ parting it out. That takes more time and your time is $$ too.

I've seen some great deals while lurking the classified when 914 projects are unfinished!

Good luck! beerchug.gif

PS - I want that engine!! But have no $$ to spare.....
worn
Man. As they say, so close! It sure will be someones gain. But I cannot have another one. Or at least I want to keep my wife, thank you.
spunone
Id part it out but that means more time taking apart which is why I selling and not finishing sucks being me at this time
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.